Will putting a US to UK plug adapter on a surge protector affect anything? - Dumb Question.

jakeslayer9091

Dumb Question, But I'm really no expert, I have a US Surge Protector Power Strip with me here in the UK, I was wondering if plugging in a US to UK Adapter will affect anything with the Power Strip or Surge Protection? Also Keep in mind that if I recall correctly, the adapter will convert the US Standard Voltage to UK Standard Voltage as well incase that will affect anything with the power strip or surge protection, the power strip I'm using is a Tripp Lite one if that will help. Once again, Dumb Question but I'm really no expert and just wanna make sure, Thanks.

My custom loop 5000$ PC:

CPU: Intel i7 9900k Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A RAM: 32GB (x4 8GB Modules) Corsair Dominator VideoCard: Asus Nvidia 2080ti HDD/SSD: 1TB M2 Samsung EVO 970 Case: LianLi O11 Dynamic (White) Radiator: x1 Corsair Hydro X Series XR5 360 Fans: x6 Corsair LL120 RGB Tubing: Thermaltake PETG ID: 13mm OD: 16mm Fittings: Bitspower Throughout Waterblocks: CPU: EK-Velocity RGB (Nickel+Plexi) VideoCard: EK-Vector RTX 2080ti w/ Nickel Backplate (Nickel+Plexi) Reservoir: Bitspower Touchaqua Sedna Front Plate Options: Corsair Commander Pro, Corsair RGB Controller, Custom Sleeved Cables for CPU, ATX and PCI-E

25 minutes ago, jakeslayer9091 said:

Also Keep in mind that if I recall correctly, the adapter will convert the US Standard Voltage to UK Standard Voltage as well incase that will affect anything with the power strip or surge protection, the power strip I'm using is a Tripp Lite one if that will help. Once again, Dumb Question but I'm really no expert and just wanna make sure, Thanks.

What is the powerboard ?

No voltage will be converted, for that you need a step down transformer (converter), unless that is what you already have, like so:

image.png.67cdac670ef724fbb1c680646be1b351.png

If not using a transformer and only using an adaptor I would be concerned the powerboard is not rated and tested at 240VAC and potentially there could be issues with the clamp voltage of the surge arrestors as they may be lower than those for 240VAC. I wouldn't as it is potentially not safe.

Confirming my suspicions just googling tripplite powerboards and going to their website

Model Number TLP1008TEL is not available in your country. This is typically due to voltage incompatibility.

If you are using a travel adaptor in future on 240VAC.

Plugging in devices with a US plug that are universal input voltage is okay, check the label.

Devices that are 120VAC only are highly likely to go bang.

What are you trying to achieve ?

Got model numbers, pics or links of what you have ?