Budget $600 JDS LABS or Schiit DAC and amplifier and headphones

Ramoverclock

My budget $300 on amp and DAC and $150-$300 headphone I have never used a Dac or a amplifier or a high end headphone.The purpose is for watching movies, play pc games and watch youtube videos. Should i buy Vali amp or Magni amp what's the difference?

Dac - This product is from schiit website
Loki DSD Dedicated DAC $149
Vali Subminiature hybrid headphone amplifier $119 or Magni $99

Amp - This product is From jdslabs website
Objective2 Headphone Amplifier $129
Standalone ODAC $149

Heaphones
Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Professional Headphones $169
Beyerdynamic DT 880 $197
Fostex T50RP $129

Spend most of your budget on your headphones, then worry about getting an amp, most of the time onboard will do.

I'd go for the Beyers or the Audio Technicas with a lil cheaper Dac/Amp.

if you wont listen to music, you shouldnt but buy a AMP imo, 

For the Headphones, go with the DT 800, or if you want to save some money go with the M50x, they will both sound great.

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Also avoid the M50x, It isway over priced for why it is.(A 100 dollar studio monitor) In your budget you could easily get something like the HE-500.

Spend most of your budget on your headphones, then worry about getting an amp, most of the time onboard will do.

Am buying the headphone and amp and dac all together, I have a budget of $600 so i want to buy dac, amp and headphone

Also avoid the M50x, It isway over priced for why it is.(A 100 dollar studio monitor) In your budget you could easily get something like the HE-500.

I want a comfortable headphone i use headphone for 6-8 hours per day

Am buying the headphone and amp and dac all together, I have a budget of $600 so i want to buy dac, amp and headphone

I want a comfortable headphone i use headphone for 6-8 hours per day

Which is why you should spend most of you budget on the headphones, as they are the part most responsible for sound quality. A headphone like tue he's would be comfortable all day

Which is ehhh you should spend most of you budget on the headphones, as they are the part most responsible for sound quality. A headphone like tue he's would be comfortable all day

I decided to go for  audio technica m50x or mabye beyerdynamic for my headphone, any other headphone that you would recommend?

I decided to go for audio technica m50x for my headphone, any other headphone that you would recommend?

Somerhong not overpriced like the M50's. In your extensive budget you can do better, as you should spend most of you budget on headphones

You may want to carefully read about Loki. The way I'm reading it it is a DSD device that you pair with another DAC, not a DAC itself. I think what you actually want is the Modi. 

From Schiit's site:

Now, you can add DSD to any DAC for only $149. Yes. You read that right: pure DSD playback capability. $149. Meet Loki. Loki is a complete DSD DAC and switching system. Just connect the output of your current DAC to Loki, connect Loki via USB to your computer, and you’ve added DSD to your system.

http://schiit.com/products/loki

As far as Vali vs Magni, Vali is a hybrid tube amp & Magni is a solid state amp. If you don't know why you would want a tube amp in the first place save the $20 and get the Magni. 

CPU - 3770k @ 4.7GHz | Motherboard - Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB @ 1600 | GPU - EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX (2x SLI) | Case - Coolermaster HAF XM | Cooling - CM EVO 212 | Storage - Corsair Force 3 90GB | WD 2TB x 2 | PSU - Thermaltake SMART 850W | Display - Asus VG248QE 144hz + GSYNC kit |  Mouse - R.A.T. 7 | Sound - Creative Titanium X-FI HD | DT990 | ATH-M50 | ATH-AD700

You may want to carefully read about Loki. The way I'm reading it it is a DSD device that you pair with another DAC, not a DAC itself. I think what you actually want is the Modi. 

From Schiit's site:

http://schiit.com/products/loki

As far as Vali vs Magni, Vali is a hybrid tube amp & Magni is a solid state amp. If you don't know why you would want a tube amp in the first place save the $20 and get the Magni. 

I might go for modi and magni

There is better amp and dac on JDSLABS, Standalone ODAC and objective2 headphone amplifier

Headphones am not sure but am looking for m50x or beyerdynamic dt 990 pro

I might go for modi and vali

There is better amp and dac on JDSLABS, Standalone ODAC and objective2 headphone amplifier

Headphones am not sure but am looking for m50x or beyerdynamic dt 990 pro

I haven't personally heard an ODAC/O2 combo but one of my friends recently got a Modi/Vali stack and I can confirm it sounds great with both DT990s and ATH-m50s. With the 990s it drove them plenty loud at about 50% on the volume dial, about 20% for the M50s so you got plenty of power to spare. 

You can hear some ringing from the microphonic tubes in the Vali when you first turn it on or change headphones but on my friends model it goes away in about 8 seconds & couldn't get it to ring from tapping on it or banging on the desk or anything. 

Since you're getting a dac/amp I would recommend the 990s over the M50s. The 990s are overall nicer cans and you'll have no trouble driving them with that amp/dac combo. Also the 990s are a better buy with m50s currently being close to $170. 

CPU - 3770k @ 4.7GHz | Motherboard - Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB @ 1600 | GPU - EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX (2x SLI) | Case - Coolermaster HAF XM | Cooling - CM EVO 212 | Storage - Corsair Force 3 90GB | WD 2TB x 2 | PSU - Thermaltake SMART 850W | Display - Asus VG248QE 144hz + GSYNC kit |  Mouse - R.A.T. 7 | Sound - Creative Titanium X-FI HD | DT990 | ATH-M50 | ATH-AD700

I haven't personally heard an ODAC/O2 combo but one of my friends recently got a Modi/Vali stack and I can confirm it sounds great with both DT990s and ATH-m50s. With the 990s it drove them plenty loud at about 50% on the volume dial, about 20% for the M50s so you got plenty of power to spare. 

You can hear some ringing from the microphonic tubes in the Vali when you first turn it on or change headphones but on my friends model it goes away in about 8 seconds & couldn't get it to ring from tapping on it or banging on the desk or anything. 

Since you're getting a dac/amp I would recommend the 990s over the M50s. The 990s are overall nicer cans and you'll have no trouble driving them with that amp/dac combo. Also the 990s are a better buy with m50s currently being close to $170. 

Should i buy 990 600ohms $340 or 900 250ohms $270

Jdslabs sell amp which looks better than schiit. amp

http://www.jdslabs.com/products/35/objective2-headphone-amplifier/

Am going for Beyerdynamic 990 600hms $340

Vali amp , Modi dac $218

Vali amp , Modi dac $218

The only difference between the 600 ohm premium & the 250 ohm pros is price & cosmetics. The "premium" version has all metal construction with the aluminum back plates on the cups while the pro version has a metal chassis but plastic on the back of the ear cups & a removable head band cushion. Acoustically there should be no difference.

No real point in spending the extra money vs the pro version unless you think the aesthetic differences are worth the price. And 600 ohms will be a bit more difficult to drive than 250 ohms but that should be a non-issue with your dac/amp. 

k4TBDwf.png

Vali amp , Modi dac $218

Schiit products arn't that great. The gain settings are just horrible. There was also a Schiit amp that is known to kill headphones. I forgot which one it was though. Go Mayflower O2 amp and Hifiman HE400 or if you can find a used HE500. 

https://www.mayflowerelectronics.com/shop/headphone-amplifiers/standard-objective2-headphone-amplifier/

Schiit products arn't that great. The gain settings are just horrible. There was also a Schiit amp that is known to kill headphones. I forgot which one it was though. Go Mayflower O2 amp and Hifiman HE400 or if you can find a used HE500.

https://www.mayflowerelectronics.com/shop/headphone-amplifiers/standard-objective2-headphone-amplifier/

Dont bother with this post he isn't having it, he just wants reinforcement for his own choices.

They are the same amp, so pick which ever.

ok am going to get my amps and dac from jdslabs store, am going to buy beyerdynamic 990

ok am going to get my amps and dac from jdslabs store, am going to buy beyerdynamic 990

It's cheaper at Mayflower which is why I linked it. At JDS, you have to buy the power adapter separately for $11 and at Mayflower they include that in the unit price. Also, Mayflower has rear power units.