Gigabyte M27Q Displaying Horizontal Black lines on Lower Half of Screen

hiyayhi

I am posting this in the vain hope that someone may be able to help me as it is the weekend and the retailer wont be able to respond to my queries until Monday...

I purchased a Gigabyte M27Q about a month ago now and I am loving it. It is my first high refresh rate monitor and honestly I couldn't be happier. However, today I was in the middle of a game of Warzone when all of a sudden the screen flickered, and then the lower half of the screen was only displaying every second or so row of pixels. See the images I have uploaded to see how it looks.

Doesn't seem to matter what setting the monitor is in, I have changed the refresh rate, and the input on the monitor, still the same result. If anyone has any suggestions other than RMAing the monitor I am all ears. I hope that this is just me being stupid and not knowing something but it appears to just be straight up busted...

Other details on my rig (I call it the unicorn), I am running an R5 5600x, Asus Strix gaming B550-f, 16gb 3600 CL16, and Randeon RX 6800.

Cheers for any help.

Ps. There appears to be one bloke in mexico on Reddit with the same problem, and one other person in that thread.

M27Q broken.jpg

M27Q broken 2.jpg

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

• 1 month later...

I have the exact same monitor with the same issue however, my monitor is fine at 60hz and 120hz but any other refresh rate and I get the same lines almost all the way up the screen. It first started happening when I had all three of my monitors hooked up (2x60hz BenQ and M27Q at 170hz). I disconnected one of the 60hz monitors and the M27q was fine at 170hz. Now I have both 60hz monitors disconnected and it will only give me a clean picture at 60 or 120hz.

I have the same problem!

Could you tell me how you fix it?

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Did you ever fix this? I'm now having exactly the same issue but with the entire screen. Only on display port, hdmi is fine. No settings were changed in between it working & failing.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the exact same issue on this M27Q model less than a year after purchasing - did you find a fix or have it repaired?

unnamed (1).jpg

• 1 year later...

i have the same issue, never recommending this montior to anyone.