RAM Problem

adiv

I just started building my new set and this pop out. my RAM kingston HyperX beast 1600mhz 2x4GB is only Detected on slots 2 and 4 my MB is Gigabyte B85- HD3. What to do PLS  When I put it on other slots there is several short beeps and alos my bios wont load. after the beeps my system restart.

only use 2 dims...

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

??? i dont understand the problem. you have two sticks and they are in the 2nd and 4th? zo thats where they gunna be detected then.. unless you put it into 1st and third then thats a bit weird although where are you getting this info? my mobo doesnt tell me in bios..

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

??? i dont understand the problem. you have two sticks and they are in the 2nd and 4th? zo thats where they gunna be detected then.. unless you put it into 1st and third then thats a bit weird although where are you getting this info? my mobo doesnt tell me in bios..

So nothing strange here and everything is ok right? because i know the ram should be in the dimms which are on one channel like 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 ?

So nothing strange here and everything is ok right? because i know the ram should be in the dimms which are on one channel like 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 ?

read my post 2 below

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

How many beeps, the beeps are a code and what is your BIOS eg Pheonix, AMI

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

NVM okay look, you have 4 slots? the first one and third one are paired together and the second one and forth one are paired together. just put it in one of the pairs and you will be fine. if you put it in lets say first and second that not dual channel (pair) and it will work but it wont break anything till jsut perform better in pairs or dual channel. if you dont pair it itll perform in single channel therfore slower. if you have 4 ram sticks then just chuck em in all of them and your good to go. since you have 2 just put it in the second and last one which is generally occupied first for cooler clearance etc etc. that all you really need to know and i would highly advise watching these videos too. (please watch them youll learn alot ;) )

also for good measure watch this for the future: 

cheers buddy. :)

NVM okay look, you have 4 slots? the first one and third one are paired together and the second one and forth one are paired together. just put it in one of the pairs and you will be fine. if you put it in lets say first and second that not dual channel (pair) and it will work but it wont break anything till jsut perform better in pairs or dual channel. if you dont pair it itll perform in single channel therfore slower. if you have 4 ram sticks then just chuck em in all of them and your good to go. since you have 2 just put it in the second and last one which is generally occupied first for cooler clearance etc etc. that all you really need to know and i would highly advise watching these videos too. (please watch them youll learn alot ;) )

also for good measure watch this for the future: 

cheers buddy. :)

But my stick are detected only in slots 2 and 4 which are diff colours. I tried all other slots and ways to pair my sticks but only in those two slots my mobo dont beeps and load the bios

But my stick are detected only in slots 2 and 4 which are diff colours. I tried all other slots and ways to pair my sticks but only in those two slots my mobo dont beeps and load the bios

put it into the two grey ones.

put it into the two grey ones.

Like iI said it wont load bios. there are beeps only

Like iI said it wont load bios. there are beeps only

the black ones?

the black ones?

Same result again wont work

Same result again wont work

mix and matching?

mix and matching?

I tried every possible way to mix my ram sticks and the only way my system start is when they are in slots 2 and 4 (grey and black colors are the slots) i tried with one ram stick only, same results. only if it is in 2 or 4 the system load the bios ???? Unfortunatly i dont have other ram sticks just this two so idk if its the ram or the MB causing this ????

Sounds like your RAM or mobo DIMM slots are defective..

i7-4770k NiC-C5 R.O.G Hero nVidia GTX 780ti Corsair GS700 Corsair Neutron GTX Seagate Barracuda 32gb G.Skill 2x 450mp wifi + NightHawk FractalDesign Define R4 Mac OS Yosmite + W10 __ 2x 1440p Monitors, one lonely 1440x900. Apple Numeric Steelseries Sensei RAW R.o.G Vulcan Anc Macbook Pro + Macbook Air YoseMite   Official AppleSeed Dev!    -(User Of Windows 10 Preview)-

I tried every possible way to mix my ram sticks and the only way my system start is when they are in slots 2 and 4 (grey and black colors are the slots) i tried with one ram stick only, same results. only if it is in 2 or 4 the system load the bios ???? Unfortunatly i dont have other ram sticks just this two so idk if its the ram or the MB causing this ????

slot 2 and 4 have to be same color as they are a pair.... pics please.