black screen half second

Thready

I have a Sony Bravia X900H TV and a Sony UBP X700 4k blu ray player. I was watching Saving Private Ryan and Black Hawk Down, both 4K HDR.

Picture and audio cut out for a half second then come back. I wonder if it's a handshake issue between the player and TV. But I don't know how to diagnose or troubleshoot. I updated both the player and the TV, the TV uses Android and the player uses its own OS I think.

I get no notification, or pop up form the TV that says device not found which it usually says if it loses connection. I unplugged the HDMI real quick while a movie was playing to see if it would blackscreen, but it had a pop up message, which doesn't occur for the half second blackout. So I don't know if it's a handshake issue. 

I wonder if it's my player itself. But it was $200 and I can't replace it or use another player. It doesn't happen with my PS4, Roku, or Spectrum DVR

Photographer, future counselor, computer teacher.

3600X and RTX 2070 with too many storage drives to count. 

Unplugging a cable wont produce the same results as a bad cable as you are disconnecting every single pin instead of just one.

Try a better cable. Hdmi cables can easily do this with 4k 60 setups