Looking for temporary gpu for autocad.

ishapli8

I'm building a computer for my dad who is working from home doing AutoCAD. I want to get him a 3060 with 12 gigs of memory since he doesn't have enough now. Since all of the new gpus are really expensive or sold out so I'm looking on eBay for and NVidia card since that's what he said he wants he has an amd card now and he doesn't like it. I'm looking for something with at least 4 gigs for now like a 1050ti but on ebay but they are over $200 wich is $50 more than i got my rx 480 8 gb a while ago. Is there anything better to get since I don't really want to buy a $200 1050ti just for it to be temporary.I should just wait but until everything is back in stock but he needs a new computer sooner than that since hes using a pos dell all in one now.

Also this doesn't really matter but this is the rest of the list.1309778822_partlistpt1.thumb.PNG.b4ab77014d2b126d516b60b82dbfcbf4.PNG471335307_partlistpt3.thumb.PNG.2ef2870d6edd0150500b3c568f7fcfde.PNG519693537_partlistpt2.thumb.PNG.982bcad6bef2c2c1cb34c12595e2b859.PNG

1 minute ago, ishapli8 said:

Also this doesn't really matter but this is the rest of the list.1309778822_partlistpt1.thumb.PNG.b4ab77014d2b126d516b60b82dbfcbf4.PNG

8 minutes ago, ishapli8 said:

I'm building a computer for my dad who is working from home doing AutoCAD. I want to get him a 3060 with 12 gigs of memory since he doesn't have enough now. Since all of the new gpus are really expensive or sold out so I'm looking on eBay for and NVidia card since that's what he said he wants he has an amd card now and he doesn't like it. I'm looking for something with at least 4 gigs for now like a 1050ti but on ebay but they are over $200 wich is $50 more than i got my rx 480 8 gb a while ago. Is there anything better to get since I don't really want to buy a $200 1050ti just for it to be temporary.I should just wait but until everything is back in stock but he needs a new computer sooner than that since hes using a pos dell all in one now.

Maybe try a rx 560 4gb? thats the cheapest 4gb card I know of.

Just now, curiousmind34 said:

Maybe try a rx 560 4gb? thats the cheapest 4gb card I know of.

I was looking at those i might get one since it would just be temporary but he really wants an nvidea gpu. His amd gpu now has some driver issues he hasn't had with nvidea and since hes working from home he needs it to work right.

It might be a decent idea to look at getting an old quadro or titan. The cheap ones usually aren't that great for performance, but they have a ton of VRAM for their performance level. You can get Quadro M2000s on ebay for about $130, and they have similar performance to a GTX 950 in terms of CUDA but with 4GB of VRAM

nvm didn't see you could get a 960 for cheaper. Still might be a decent idea to look into though

8 minutes ago, ishapli8 said:

Also this doesn't really matter but this is the rest of the list.

15 minutes ago, ishapli8 said:

maybe a 960 4gb?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EVGA-GTX-960-SC-Gaming-4GB-Great-Condition/274716336734?hash=item3ff65ea25e%3Ag%3AFZMAAOSws2dgSl-M&LH_BIN=1