Higher ping in eu than before, even though I’m on the same isp.

My ping is suddenly higher specifically on overwatch’s eu server. About 2 weeks ago I would get about 200-230 ping but now it’s at a constant 300ms. Nothing has changed on my end, same devices, same modem, router and isp. I could only imagine the isp has changed their route to the eu server. One thing to note is that I did have this issue about a month ago, but it seemed to be fixed once I factory reset my router. This time though, I’ve restarted, reset every network device I have but nothing improved my ping. Is there anything I can do to resolve this? As this has happened before once and it was resolved as previously mentioned.

edit: forgot to mention that my ping in every other regional server on blizzard has the same latency as always.

37 minutes ago, ButerflyEffects said:

My ping is suddenly higher specifically on overwatch’s eu server. About 2 weeks ago I would get about 200-230 ping but now it’s at a constant 300ms. Nothing has changed on my end, same devices, same modem, router and isp. I could only imagine the isp has changed their route to the eu server. One thing to note is that I did have this issue about a month ago, but it seemed to be fixed once I factory reset my router. This time though, I’ve restarted, reset every network device I have but nothing improved my ping. Is there anything I can do to resolve this? As this has happened before once and it was resolved as previously mentioned.

edit: forgot to mention that my ping in every other regional server on blizzard has the same latency as always.

It's almost certainly related to a change made by either your isp, or by the place hosting the overwatch servers.

40 minutes ago, jrhaberland said:

It's almost certainly related to a change made by either your isp, or by the place hosting the overwatch servers.

Guess there’s nothing I can do then, sucks.

9 hours ago, ButerflyEffects said:

Guess there’s nothing I can do then, sucks.

I’d just hope that it goes away soon, but there prob isn’t anything you can do.