I have been auto-refreshing the LTT videos page all morning but when a new video was posted it was already 18 minutes old. Am I doing it wrong?

Skane

I have turned waiting for the VAG program into a full time job. For the past 2 weeks I have been sitting at my desk and waiting for the new video to drop. I've been scared to leave my room for the fear that if I leave I wouldn't be able to hear my computer beep and alert me there is a new video posted. From 9:30 am to whenever they post their video I am directly staring at 3 different pages. Their twitter, the Linus Tech Tips Forum video page, and the YT Channel page. I have been there to see every video posted over the last 2 weeks, even the ones posted at odd hours.

Each day of the week I thought, "today for sure". My excitement growing every day and apexing on Thursdays since that is the final day they post videos. Though I still hopefully waited around on Fridays until the WAN Show would confirm to us that the VAG program would be postponed until next week. I was always convinced it had to be today, like I was the main subject of the Unexpected Hanging Paradox.

I'll admit it, I have the typical unemployed useless member of society sleep schedule. Normally I sleep from around 6 am to noon. Thanks to waiting for the videos, I have been getting up at 9:30 am every day and have been feeling like crap since I'm getting 2-3 hours of sleep now. I'm a pretty deep sleeper, so I have 3 back up emergency alarms set up. Normally this would be enough but I guess today it wasn't, so I slept until 2 pm. When I realized I overslept I got up and went to check the new videos page and what do I see? Linus staring back at me with dead eyes that reflect my own and written on large font are the words "YOU LOSE".

I know I'm describing it like it was some long period of time but, as sad as it is to admit, these have been the longest 2 weeks of my life.

They say they'll restock the cards, but I think my only hope was to be there first. I was hoping there would be a lack of people committed enough to wait every day like me, but they're a real seller now and every viewer knows it, so I doubt I'll be able to get one from them in the future. I guess I'm lucky to have found out today though, I am going to be receiving some minor surgery tomorrow at 8 am and was really worried that I would miss their video. It's nice to know I failed due to my own shortcomings rather than matters outside my control.

I didn't even get a notification for this video. Then again, it's hit or miss if I do normally.

There is no spoon.

59 minutes ago, Skane said:

I'll admit it, I have the typical unemployed useless member of society sleep schedule. Normally I sleep from around 6 am to noon. Thanks to waiting for the videos, I have been getting up at 9:30 am every day and have been feeling like crap since I'm getting 2-3 hours of sleep now. I'm a pretty deep sleeper, so I have 3 back up emergency alarms set up. Normally this would be enough but I guess today it wasn't, so I slept until 2 pm. When I realized I overslept I got up and went to check the new videos page and what do I see? Linus staring back at me with dead eyes that reflect my own and written on large font are the words "YOU LOSE".

While the dedication may be admirable, please realise that a GPU is not worth negatively affecting your health for... it's just a bit of silicon. Alarms at the wrong time force you to wake up from the wrong sleep cycle making you feel like shit.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

On 3/23/2021 at 11:04 PM, tikker said:

While the dedication may be admirable, please realise that a GPU is not worth negatively affecting your health for... it's just a bit of silicon. Alarms at the wrong time force you to wake up from the wrong sleep cycle making you feel like shit.

Thanks for your concern. Yeah, I know. It was originally just supposed to be a few days. Then it was a week... then it was over 2 weeks and I had already committed too much to stop.

On 3/23/2021 at 11:57 PM, Skane said:

a full time job

🤔

The usual release window (in which VAG is supposed to happen) is just about 1-2 hours.

Maybe you should buy Floatplane subscription, it has better notifications and you can check if they released the same video on both platforms to know if it can have VAG.