Upgrading from prebuilt to custom... HELP

Budget (including currency): $1000 max

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: photoshop, video games (AAA) and 1440p rendering, design and animation workload. 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I am taking my storage and graphics card from my prebuilt and putting that into the new pc. I linked what I will have all together but I do plan to upgrade my graphics card and get faster storage in the future but for now I do not know how to transfer everything I have now into new storage... if I could I would but here is the part list

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/squidnee/saved/

I need help knowing if this will work, and perhaps getting faster storage and how to transfer what I have now, this my computer is running to slow for my graphic design work right now aka the reason I’m upgrading 

10 minutes ago, Sydney Cook said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: photoshop, video games (AAA) and 1440p rendering, design and animation workload. 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I am taking my storage and graphics card from my prebuilt and putting that into the new pc. I linked what I will have all together but I do plan to upgrade my graphics card and get faster storage in the future but for now I do not know how to transfer everything I have now into new storage... if I could I would but here is the part list

I need help knowing if this will work, and perhaps getting faster storage and how to transfer what I have now, this my computer is running to slow for my graphic design work right now aka the reason I’m upgrading 

You do realize that since the gpu is out of stock it doesn’t add up as part of the $1k, because if not that could change a few components of the build.

4 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

You do realize that since the gpu is out of stock it doesn’t add up as part of the $1k, because if not that could change a few components of the build.

15 minutes ago, Sydney Cook said:

I am taking my storage and graphics card from my prebuilt and putting that into the new pc.

OP is taking the 1660 Ti from their prebuilt.

elephants

You don't really need more thermal compound. The H100i comes with a preapplied pad of compound.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/79tQzy/corsair-rmx-2018-750w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020179-na is a better psu and only a few dollars more.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/97848d/seasonic-focus-750-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-focus-gx-750 is arguably a better psu and slightly less expensive.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

5 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

Yep I do realize that, but I am not buying a gpu or storage but I might google how to transfer from hardeive to faster M.2 storage which will help a lotttt. As before I’ll upgrade that later and this link is what my build will be. Subtracting what I stated I am keeping 

1 minute ago, brob said:

You don't really need more thermal compound. The H100i comes with a preapplied pad of compound.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/79tQzy/corsair-rmx-2018-750w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020179-na is a better psu and only a few dollars more.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/97848d/seasonic-focus-750-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-focus-gx-750 is arguably a better psu and slightly less expensive.

Sweet so if I switch those I can save some money and perhaps get storage? Any idea how to switch that over? If not I might just google ha h 

Are you asking about the mechanics of changing your saved build list?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

5 minutes ago, Sydney Cook said:

Sweet so if I switch those I can save some money and perhaps get storage? Any idea how to switch that over? If not I might just google ha h 

If you're talking about files, the best bet would be to backup important files(should be doing that anyways) and just doing a fresh install of Windows on the new drive and formatting the old drive to be clean. There are programs to transfer. I've never used them so I can't personally recommend one.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

2 minutes ago, brob said:

Are you asking about the mechanics of changing your saved build list?

Yes kind of this will be my first custom build so I wanna do it right, and knowing the small things that will help are some things I am looking for, just to make it easier and I will be watching a YouTube video on how to assemble it all 

2 minutes ago, Voluspa said:

If you're talking about files, the best bet would be to backup important files(should be doing that anyways) and just doing a fresh install of Windows on the new drive and formatting the old drive to be clean. There are programs to transfer. I've never used them so I can't personally recommend one.

Okay so back them up (I don’t think I have been doing that but I will see) and the rest I am unsure how to do, would a video be the best bet? 

36 minutes ago, Sydney Cook said:

very small thing but most aios come with thermal paste preapplied, so you don’t need to go out of your way to get thermal paste.

2 minutes ago, Sydney Cook said:

Okay so back them up (I don’t think I have been doing that but I will see) and the rest I am unsure how to do, would a video be the best bet? 

Assuming you mean installing Windows, here's some resources. Media creation tool link. You'll put this on a clean, formatted USB stick following these instructions.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

Spoiler

Here's another video that includes the USB installer and some other things that are good to do. XMP and some other set up items.

Spoiler

You also have this for syncing all your RGB.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041797351-Set-up-ASUS-Motherboard-integration-in-iCUE

All in all, it's all really simple. Just go step by step. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

6 minutes ago, Voluspa said:

Assuming you mean installing Windows, here's some resources. Media creation tool link. You'll put this on a clean, formatted USB stick following these instructions.

Reveal hidden contents

Here's another video that includes the USB installer and some other things that are good to do. XMP and some other set up items.

Reveal hidden contents

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041797351-Set-up-ASUS-Motherboard-integration-in-iCUE

This is super helpful I’ll save this! 

11 minutes ago, Voluspa said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you step by step is what I need

4 minutes ago, Sydney Cook said:

This is super helpful I’ll save this! 

I can't remember if it's said in the installing Windows video, but when you first install windows only have the drive that you want windows on. So the NVME if you go with it, or the SSD if you go with that. Windows CAN SOMETIMES get a little confused. Best to only have one drive plugged in when you install.

Also, for your sake when you first do the build, build it on the motherboard box. CPU, cooler, GPU, your main drive(you could even install Windows here) just to make sure it POSTs just fine. It's a lot easier to trouble shoot outside of a pc case than inside. 

Also, unless you plan to step up to a newer CPU later (5600x, 5800x, 5900x or 5950x) you can shave a little bit of cost off with the motherboard choice.

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?