L4 some advice!

Hey everyone, looking to get some opinions/advice on a new build I'm planning.

I was planning on getting an i9-10900k. Originally, I was thinking of getting a Z590 board, either the Asus Maximus Hero XIII or the Asus Z590-E ROG Strix. I was torn on which to get between these two, any opinions?

As far as a CPU Cooler goes, I was also torn on what to do. I wanted to get a 360 AIO. My contenders so far were the Kraken Z73, Corsair H150i Capellix or the EK 360 D-RGB. What are your thoughts on those and which would you recommend?

I'd ask for some GPU advice, but I'm going to have to keep my current ones since they any sort of GPU these days are non-existent! Thanks in advance

From what I see in both of their tech specs, the Z590-E doesn't have Thunderbolt. (there might be some more features that I don't see, who knows). So if you need Thunderbolt, go for the Maximum XIII Hero. Overall, both are very good motherboards.

As for cooling, the Z73 as well as the H150i Capellix are both very good liquid coolers, imo. If one's not in stock, you can go for the other one. And afaik, the Z73 doesn't have RGB, so if you want RGB you can go for the H150i Capellix.

For the GPU, if you're running a build like this, a 3070 or 3080 will be good enough.

But of course, there's the bloody GPU shortage. So wait for a couple months for the shortage to stop.

→  Kindly quote or mention me if you would like a reply back.

<famous quote>

8 minutes ago, Jayzer said:

From what I see in both of their tech specs, the Z590-E doesn't have Thunderbolt. (there might be some more features that I don't see, who knows). So if you need Thunderbolt, go for the Maximum XIII Hero. Overall, both are very good motherboards.

As for cooling, the Z73 as well as the H150i Capellix are both very good liquid coolers, imo. If one's not in stock, you can go for the other one. And afaik, the Z73 doesn't have RGB, so if you want RGB you can go for the H150i Capellix.

For the GPU, if you're running a build like this, a 3070 or 3080 will be good enough.

But of course, there's the bloody GPU shortage. So wait for a couple months for the shortage to stop.

yep, or expect to wait up to 1-2 years if in a few months the shortage doesnt stop

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC