Got myself a i9-9900k and now my FPS is at an all time low

37 minutes ago, unclewebb said:

What thermal issue? The temperatures are fine considering the load. It is definitely not thermal throttling.

I had mistaken the 95c in COD as a thermal concern for the OP. My mistake.

10 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

95c in COD

You are right. My mistake. 

I was looking more at the reason why this is happening. Something is putting a significant load on his CPU. If he can find out what is loading his CPU and get rid of it, the COD temps should drop significantly.

Bonzai buddy?

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

16 hours ago, unclewebb said:

Something is loading your CPU. Open the Task Manager - Details tab and see if anything shows up in there when this happens.

What antivirus program are you running or anything else you can think of?  

I was trying to help someone with a similar issue recently. Nothing was showing up in the Task Manager. The change in C0% and the change in CPU temps confirms that something is running in the background. This load is enough to keep all 8 cores fully utilized. When you try to play a game on top of this, it is not going to perform very well.

What thermal issue? The temperatures are fine considering the load. It is definitely not thermal throttling.

Just windows defender as an antivirus, just factory reset the PC and it got a bit better FPS wise with a kinda stable 240 in league but it still drops from 400-450 to 240 after a while of gaming. Downloading more games at the moment to check more.