No internet access

Anonymous5603

How long has the problem persisted? Is the driver for your ethernet port updated?

Try changing your DNS

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

I did a fresh windows install and I've had this probelm ever since. Even during the setup it was saying unidentified network and I couldn't log into my MS account. I tried installing drivers for it and all but didn't work. O plugged my ethernet in my mother's lapyop and it works fine. O have no idea what I have to do to get it work. My ISP can't help me either. 

can you talk to other devices on your network? e.g. the router should have a configuration accesible through your browser

Please invest in an efficient PSU with >90%.  My favourite is Seasonic, but quality>brand

15 minutes ago, Benito593 said:

How long has the problem persisted? Is the driver for your ethernet port updated?

Ever since I did a fresh windows install. It said "unidentified network" during the setup as well and no troubleshooting is helping. 

9 minutes ago, The_russian said:

Do other devices on your network have internet connectivity? 

Yeah, they do. I even plugged the same ethernet cable in a laptop and it works fine. 

1 minute ago, anonymousElefant said:

can you talk to other devices on your network? e.g. the router should have a configuration accesible through your browser

My ISP does not let me access the router for some reason. Says it's their policy. I have connection in other devices though. 

7 minutes ago, Anonymous5603 said:

I did a fresh windows install and I've had this probelm ever since. Even during the setup it was saying unidentified network and I couldn't log into my MS account. I tried installing drivers for it and all but didn't work. O plugged my ethernet in my mother's lapyop and it works fine. O have no idea what I have to do to get it work. My ISP can't help me either. 

Are you sure you got the correct drivers? You can usually get them from the motherboard manufacturer's site.

whats your router model?

can you try wifi?

Please invest in an efficient PSU with >90%.  My favourite is Seasonic, but quality>brand

1 minute ago, The_russian said:

Are you sure you got the correct drivers? You can usually get them from the motherboard manufacturer's site.

Yes, I downloaded it from my motherboard's manufacturer site. 

Just now, anonymousElefant said:

whats your router model?

can you try wifi?

It's Nokia router. I think modem/router combo. Wifi works fine, just my ethernet. 

I had the problem with my Z490 motherboard. I had to use intel's drivers, because ASUS' drivers were not working.

Just now, Benito593 said:

I had the problem with my Z490 motherboard. I had to use intel's drivers, because ASUS' drivers were not working.

It did said "Intel" when I was installing it. 

Tried the cable with an old system and it works. Seems like my ethernet port in that mobo is damaged. Thank you all.