Intel XE for AutoCAD and other Engineering programs?

Hey everyone, I'm going to college next semester, and I'm looking at laptops. I really want an ultraportable laptop with extremely long battery life and a 2 in 1 design, and a lot of them are with integrated graphics. What I'm wondering is if AutoCAD and other engineering programs would be able to run on Intel XE? I have a beefy desktop and a large server that I could potentially remote into for AutoCAD if need be, but I'm wondering if it's a small project, could I easily run it on AutoCAD?

I may be stupid, but at least I'm not an idiot.

If it was Small to Small Medium project then Yes!...It can run it.

Edit:-   Personally i have been also been providing my workers with i5 4th Gen (running on iGPU) with AutoCad and it's fine for fairly medium projects. Only for 2D.

TBH i dont know about 3D in AutoCad. I think it will also run fine as it largely depends upon the CPU and the appearances only depends on the GPU.

10 minutes ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

If it was Small to Small Medium project then Yes!...It can run it.

Edit:-   Personally i have been also been providing my workers with i5 4th Gen (running on iGPU) with AutoCad and it's fine for fairly medium projects. Only for 2D.

TBH i dont know about 3D in AutoCad. I think it will also run fine as it largely depends upon the CPU and the appearances only depends on the GPU.

Well, I think it should do fine then. I can always remote desktop into my desktop if something gets too intense for my pc.

Thank you for your response, and I'm glad that the response came from someone that actively uses AutoCad

Just now, davidjcoble said:

Well, I think it should do fine then. I can always remote desktop into my desktop if something gets too intense for my pc.

IMO it will not get too intense for Medium workload

Just now, Abdullah Bhutta said:

IMO it will not get too intense for Medium workload

That's what I hope. I'm not designing some building, if anything, it'd be a motherboard design or something as I'm going into Computer Engineering.