Flickering screen on boot

ChristianSz

Hey guys! I just want to ask my computer I just put together yesterday and I just come together with this “problem”?

it has a slight flickering when booting

i already updated the bios and the gpu driver and it didn’t helped

maybe I need to update the onboard Graphics too?

it is only flickering in the second phase of the boot (when it slows down a little bit or changing the display drivers?)

my specs

cpu: i9 10900k

Gpu:Asus Dual GTX 1060 6gb

MB: Asus Rog STRIX z490-e

PSU : Corsair VS650

Ram: TRIDENT Z 32gb ddr4 3200Mhz

SSD1(win installed) Crucial NVME 256Gb

SSD2: SAMSUNG Evo 860 512gb

HDD1: WD Blue 2Tb

The display is an older Samsung monitor with a DVI-D 

what is your guess about this?

thanks for helping

Chris

It should a monitor issue . Check if the issue comes up when you boot with the integrated graphics

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

Looks like a GPU issue, but if you're lucky it could be as simple as an issue with the cable.

1 hour ago, Gamer4714 said:

Check if the issue comes up when you boot with the integrated graphics

This is a good idea, give it a try and see if it still flickers like that. If it still does it try another monitor. If you have a HDMI cable you should be able to plug in to a TV if you don't have a spare monitor to test with.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

7 hours ago, Spotty said:

Looks like a GPU issue, but if you're lucky it could be as simple as an issue with the cable.

This is a good idea, give it a try and see if it still flickers like that. If it still does it try another monitor. If you have a HDMI cable you should be able to plug in to a TV if you don't have a spare monitor to test with.

Hmm Spotty, You was right , I tested with another Display which has an HDMI and my problem was gone, maybe the port or the display itself dying, 😄 

Thanks for the help!