Is there a VR moving mat ?

G_K

Is there a VR moving mat, that i can buy, or is that not a product yet?

Click the 

VR.wmv

To find out what i mean

44 minutes ago, Uknown0002 said:

Is there a VR moving mat, that i can buy, or is that not a product yet?

Click the 

VR.wmv 3.24 MB · 1 download

To find out what i mean

There have been a bunch of them.   None of them sold well enough to keep the company in business.  One I remember was a dished Teflon bowl of sorts and you wore special shoes.   There were others.  Generally the more natural they were the more space they took up. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 3/5/2021 at 5:01 AM, Bombastinator said:

There have been a bunch of them.   None of them sold well enough to keep the company in business.  One I remember was a dished Teflon bowl of sorts and you wore special shoes.   There were others.  Generally the more natural they were the more space they took up. 

Because i typed into google and amazon VR walking mats or moving mats but nothing comes up, if you do this in ebay tho, it will come up with not a moving mat but a VR area that cost between for some reason £20,000 to £40,000, but it would be good to have a mini walking VR mat to buy for like £100

2 hours ago, Uknown0002 said:

Because i typed into google and amazon VR walking mats or moving mats but nothing comes up, if you do this in ebay tho, it will come up with not a moving mat but a VR area that cost between for some reason £20,000 to £40,000, but it would be good to have a mini walking VR mat to buy for like £100

I don’t think any of them were specifically mats.  They were more popular around the turn of the century.  The best one was apparently what amounted to a bunch of treadmills.  It was huge. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Actually check out KAT VR Official Site - Virtual Reality Locomotion Technologies – KATVR (kat-vr.com), Normally make them for Law enforcement, but started doing consumer and enterprise versions recently. Uber expensive, but if you want it they have it.

Precision Tower 7810

2 CPU E5-2699 v3 (36 Cores) (Logical Procs: 72)  | GTX 1080 | 64GB DDR4 | 4 1TB NVMe M.2 Drives  | 1 LG widescreen 4K monitor , 4 HP 4K monitors | Razer Mouse, Chroma Pad, Nari Ultimate