New cpu options

Hunlight

Budget (including currency): 400eur~

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: AAA titles, FPS/RPG/ARPG, Possibly some streaming. 1440p ultrawide resolution.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

With prices still jumping I can see

Ryzen 5 5600x jumping around 340 up to 370eur more or less

Intel 10700kf I can see around 320 eur

Difference is not that big at the moment but who knows when ryzen will be in stock for that price (I asked maybe in a few weeks or so will be restock) so price may be back up to 370 or even 390 as it was before dropping to probably sell last few items in stock.

Question is which cpu is better, as far as I can see both of them arre similarly in games, one better here other there. streaming I can see people doing that on both without any issues. So considering that intel cheaper but asks z490 for OC which is like 50-70 more expensive, so makes them prices same. Please advice which one is better to go with. Or maybe there is any other good cpu mby with different sockets or smth. 

The extra cores in the 10700KF will help with streaming, and if it is cheaper than the 5600X, then I don't see why not.

Try and see if you can find an 8 core Ryzen processor that is cheaper than the 5600X (as far as I see, pcpartpicker says getting the Ryzen 7 3700X is cheaper than getting the 5600X, but I may be wrong, so please do check)

→  Kindly quote or mention me if you would like a reply back.

<famous quote>

18 hours ago, Jayzer said:

The extra cores in the 10700KF will help with streaming, and if it is cheaper than the 5600X, then I don't see why not.

Try and see if you can find an 8 core Ryzen processor that is cheaper than the 5600X (as far as I see, pcpartpicker says getting the Ryzen 7 3700X is cheaper than getting the 5600X, but I may be wrong, so please do check)

I have 3600 ryzen now so kind of dont see why I should go with same generation. Intel processor may be cheaper but considering mobos are more expensive means mobo+cpu combo will be aprox the same more or less

Well then it depends on which route you want to go.

Intel or AMD?

Your choice.

→  Kindly quote or mention me if you would like a reply back.

<famous quote>

On 3/4/2021 at 9:47 AM, Hunlight said:

1440p ultrawide resolution

at 1440p ultrawide, even a ryzen 3600 or 3700x would be enough. going more expensive than that won't make any difference. you could even get away with a i5-10400 or i5-10600k

21 hours ago, boggy77 said:

at 1440p ultrawide, even a ryzen 3600 or 3700x would be enough. going more expensive than that won't make any difference. you could even get away with a i5-10400 or i5-10600k

in benchmarks I can see a difference, 5-10 fps and when the game is more demanding and Im barely having 60fps those extra 5 can make it 60+.

22 hours ago, Jayzer said:

Well then it depends on which route you want to go.

Intel or AMD?

Your choice.

I dont have preference, before I always used intel but after ryzen release I switched atm I see no real benefit from ryzen, but new processors shows good single core performance too and rival intel in the games too thats why Im wondering which one to go.

2 hours ago, Hunlight said:

in benchmarks I can see a difference, 5-10 fps and when the game is more demanding and Im barely having 60fps those extra 5 can make it 60+.

Can you point me to those benchmarks, please? I'd like to stay informed and give good advice, so if you have information that contradicts my own knowledge and advice i'd like to see it.

On 3/6/2021 at 12:16 PM, boggy77 said:

Can you point me to those benchmarks, please? I'd like to stay informed and give good advice, so if you have information that contradicts my own knowledge and advice i'd like to see it.

as an example, I notice on most test higher the res more often intel wins, as Im using not only 1440p but also ultrawide (3440x1440) thats why Im considering intel too. heres one of the examples I think theres bunch of other tests and most of them shows similar info:

14 hours ago, Hunlight said:

as an example, I notice on most test higher the res more often intel wins, as Im using not only 1440p but also ultrawide (3440x1440) thats why Im considering intel too. heres one of the examples I think theres bunch of other tests and most of them shows similar info:

What i was trying to say is that at 1440p and 4k, the differences are very small, as you are most likely gpu limited. Unless you're going fot 3090s in sli, the difference between the fps with all these cpus for mist games (there might be a few exceptions) will be minimal.

You are somewhere between these two charts, and depends on what gpu you have, but as you can see, at 1440 ultrawide with a 3070 or lower, the cpu doesn't matter.

Screenshot_20210309-083351.png

Screenshot_20210309-083341.png

6 hours ago, boggy77 said:

You are somewhere between these two charts, and depends on what gpu you have, but as you can see, at 1440 ultrawide with a 3070 or lower, the cpu doesn't matter.

Screenshot_20210309-083351.png

Screenshot_20210309-083341.png

but ure checking only amd, try to looking at intel same charts, I think there may be a difference then (amd vs intel fps) as even few fps could help as an example it shows 4k 54fps intel having 56 its still better than nothing.

1 hour ago, Hunlight said:

but ure checking only amd, try to looking at intel same charts, I think there may be a difference then (amd vs intel fps) as even few fps could help as an example it shows 4k 54fps intel having 56 its still better than nothing.

sure, but that is game dependent and you haven't told us yet what gpu you're going to use.

1440p ultrawide? Do you really need a CPU upgrade?

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

3 hours ago, boggy77 said:

sure, but that is game dependent and you haven't told us yet what gpu you're going to use.

will be getting probs 3080, when prices finally settle

3 hours ago, Downkey said:

1440p ultrawide? Do you really need a CPU upgrade?

I have reasons for a new pc, some mobo related issue and rams doesnt work correctly (pc is barely stable its tested that parts are bad, maybe something happened after constant electricity shutdowns or smth) so I just decided to not jsut change ram/mobo but cpu on the way too and as Im getting gpu upgrade, I decided get whole new pc xD