LED Strip Questions

ThirtyFiveYears

Hey everyone! My build is an (almost) all-black one so no RGB, but my new case has a very dark tempered glass panel. I was planning on adding a 5050 LED strip around the inside edge of the case to make the inside visible. The strip is something like the one below.

I'm using an MSI B450M Mortar Max mobo so the RGB headers are 4-pin only. What I was hoping to find out is do I need to make any modifications to this strip? Is it simply install and plug in RGB header? Will this work with Mystic Light?

image.png.dd4bdb26bdbb7ca90405a3bf1fa3389e.png

Well, it seems like it could work, as long as you are certain of which pin is your neutral and which pins are each color.  The mobo manual will tell you which is which and the item description probably tells you what each pin on the led tape is.

Just be careful of how many leds you put in there, the more LEDs you use, the more power you are running through your mobo.

It must be true, I read it on the internet...

All you need is a female-female converter, plug in the motherboard in the right direction.

Maximum amp of a typical motherboad is 5A, or 1000 5050 led nodes or around 15M of led stripes.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Strip Accessories 1 to 2 3 4 Female Connector Splitter RGB Strips extension  Cable with 4 pin connector For 3528 5050 LED Strips|Connectors| - AliExpress

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

2 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

All you need is a female-female converter, plug in the motherboard in the right direction.

Maximum amp of a typical motherboad is 5A, or 1000 5050 led nodes or around 15M of led stripes.

So no external power supply needed then? Just plug into the RGB header?

2 hours ago, shoutingsteve said:

Well, it seems like it could work, as long as you are certain of which pin is your neutral and which pins are each color.  The mobo manual will tell you which is which and the item description probably tells you what each pin on the led tape is.

Just be careful of how many leds you put in there, the more LEDs you use, the more power you are running through your mobo.

It would only be one strip going around one side of the case.

10 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

its 3 amps per header but there are 2 of em.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

8 hours ago, ThirtyFiveYears said:

So no external power supply needed then? Just plug into the RGB header?

It would only be one strip going around one side of the case.

if you wanted power form the psu then you would need to buy a repeater

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links