what ssd's should i buy?

Ashleyyyy

so i'm faced with crippeling storage problems, and it's about time i fixed it. 

i want to buy several drives. my PC has 2 250gb drives in it right now. an 850 EVO with Windows on it and an SU650 that stores my games. 

it needs several more drives. i want a fast drive of 500gb to store a Linux install, and a high capacity ssd (1tb ideally) to store stuff like VM's and games on the linux side. this high capacity drive does not need to be fast. it only needs to store large things that i don't access often. 

what would be the best ssd's to buy? i'm on a bit of a budget so i want the price to stay reasonable. i'm located in the netherlands. 

She/Her

Do you have any M.2 drives installed? I think most motherboards have the capacity for at least one of those. Obviously depends on the motherboards of course.

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

34 minutes ago, Ashley xD said:

it needs several more drives. i want a fast drive of 500gb to store a Linux install, and a high capacity ssd (1tb ideally) to store stuff like VM's and games on the linux side. this high capacity drive does not need to be fast. it only needs to store large things that i don't access often. 

Why buy 2 separate ones? Just get 1-2TB (whatever you can afford) mx500/860evo/870evo/wd blue/barracuda 120 IMO. Or you can even take a look at 2TB 870QVO, it is QLC and not super fast, but 2TB version is pretty decent and can be worth buying in case it is sufficiently cheaper than other options.

The way you are planning to do it, with 2 small drives already in you pc, you are setting yourself up for a situation where you'll have whole bunch of small drives which will soon become too small to be useful. You'll also run out of sata pretty fast.