Razer Book 13 screen colors (not adaptive brightness) changing depends on light

ShirEkerling
Go to solution Solved by Albert F,

In the intel "graphics proprieties" control panel search for "Display Power Saving Technology" and try disabling it. also try disabling any color enhancements.

Hi all,

I've just got my new Razer Book 13 and facing the most frustrating issue... every time I go outside the screen colors change and become burnt white whenever there should be black. The "adjust brightness based on light" is off. I also don't have any adaptive brightness/colors in the power plan options.

Any idea what I should be looking for?

In the intel "graphics proprieties" control panel search for "Display Power Saving Technology" and try disabling it. also try disabling any color enhancements.

23 minutes ago, Albert F said:

That actually worked! thank you. Perhaps you have an idea about the other issue I'm facing with the Razer?

Every 15-20 seconds Bluetooth "disconnects" or "hangs" or "jitters" for half a second. It's very noticeable as the mouse and keyboard stop responding for this period of time (keystrokes do register, I see what I wrote half a second later when it happens).

I've tried basically everything on Google:

1. Changed 3 different mice
  2. Removed/reinstalled the Intel WIFI and Bluetooth drivers
  3. Enabled and disabled many different mouse settings in Windows 10 (it's not specific to the mouse, it happens with the keyboard as well but I tried anyway).
  4. Tried using another WIFI and even no WIFI at all but Ethernet (I've read that sometimes WIFI and Bluetooth conflicts)
  5. Also tried to locate the option in device manager > WIFI/Bluetooth > collaboration something, this option doesn't exist for me
  6. Tried all Windows 10 troubleshooters
  7. Tried reinstalling Intel XE graphics drivers
  8. I also tried to play with power management options (I saw some suggestions online) but I don't even get the power management tab in Device Manager > WIFI/Bluetooth

Devices are: MX Masters 3, Keychron K2 and I'm using MX Sound 2 for speakers and LG Ultrawide 49" as a screen.

9 minutes ago, ShirEkerling said:

That actually worked! thank you. Perhaps you have an idea about the other issue I'm facing with the Razer?

Every 15-20 seconds Bluetooth "disconnects" or "hangs" or "jitters" for half a second. It's very noticeable as the mouse and keyboard stop responding for this period of time (keystrokes do register, I see what I wrote half a second later when it happens).

I've tried basically everything on Google:

1. Changed 3 different mice
  2. Removed/reinstalled the Intel WIFI and Bluetooth drivers
  3. Enabled and disabled many different mouse settings in Windows 10 (it's not specific to the mouse, it happens with the keyboard as well but I tried anyway).
  4. Tried using another WIFI and even no WIFI at all but Ethernet (I've read that sometimes WIFI and Bluetooth conflicts)
  5. Also tried to locate the option in device manager > WIFI/Bluetooth > collaboration something, this option doesn't exist for me
  6. Tried all Windows 10 troubleshooters
  7. Tried reinstalling Intel XE graphics drivers
  8. I also tried to play with power management options (I saw some suggestions online) but I don't even get the power management tab in Device Manager > WIFI/Bluetooth

Devices are: MX Masters 3, Keychron K2 and I'm using MX Sound 2 for speakers and LG Ultrawide 49" as a screen.

on the mouse, keyboard and speaker settings go in device manager and in their "proprieties" go to "power management" and uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Also in your power plan go to "Change Advanced Power Settings" and in "PCI Express"-> "Link state power management" set both to "Off". Same for "Wireless adapter settings"

6 minutes ago, Albert F said:

on the mouse, keyboard and speaker settings go in device manager and in their "proprieties" go to "power management" and uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Also in your power plan go to "Change Advanced Power Settings" and in "PCI Express"-> "Link state power management" set both to "Off". Same for "Wireless adapter settings"

The "Power Management" tab is missing in both the mouse and the keyboard (and also for the Bluetooth adapters) and in  the "Power Plan" there are no options at all. See screenshots. Any ideas?

Screenshot 2021-03-02 171544.png

Screenshot 2021-03-02 171643.png

Screenshot 2021-03-02 171702.png

Screenshot 2021-03-02 171731.png

15 minutes ago, ShirEkerling said:

The "Power Management" tab is missing in both the mouse and the keyboard (and also for the Bluetooth adapters) and in  the "Power Plan" there are no options at all. See screenshots. Any ideas?

Screenshot 2021-03-02 171544.png

Screenshot 2021-03-02 171643.png

Screenshot 2021-03-02 171702.png

Screenshot 2021-03-02 171731.png

The settings that I mentioned are all set as I said when you switch to the "Hight performance" power plan. Try doing that and see if the delay is gone

1 minute ago, Albert F said:

The settings that I mentioned are all set as I said when you switch to the "Hight performance" power plan. Try doing that and see if the delay is gone

That's one of the issues... I don't have any other power plan other than "Balanced" (see screenshot) - this is a brand new PC, just got it yesterday. Perhaps I missed something during set up?

Untitled-1.png

6 minutes ago, ShirEkerling said:

That's one of the issues... I don't have any other power plan other than "Balanced" (see screenshot) - this is a brand new PC, just got it yesterday. Perhaps I missed something during set up?

Untitled-1.png

I was able to add the "High Performance" plan using some command line code I found Googlling but the options are still missing. Indeed Windows recognizes it as the high performance power plan as it says in the selecting "Favors performance and may use more battery". See screenshots of all options still missing from it. Thanks for helping with this.

Screenshot 2021-03-02 174531.png

41 minutes ago, ShirEkerling said:

I was able to add the "High Performance" plan using some command line code I found Googlling but the options are still missing. Indeed Windows recognizes it as the high performance power plan as it says in the selecting "Favors performance and may use more battery". See screenshots of all options still missing from it. Thanks for helping with this.

Screenshot 2021-03-02 174531.png

Ok so I tested for your issue with a Bluetooth mouse on my own to see what happens. I knew Bluetooth peripherals had some delays but nothing that big. The same thing happens with my Bluetooth mouse (Microsoft branded) and from what I can tell it's something every Bluetooth peripherals do.

I am not familiar with your peripherals but from the small things I heard, they sound high-end and most of those peripherals also have the option to be connected with a physical wire.

Try doing that and I can guarantee you won't have any more issues

45 minutes ago, Albert F said:

Ok so I tested for your issue with a Bluetooth mouse on my own to see what happens. I knew Bluetooth peripherals had some delays but nothing that big. The same thing happens with my Bluetooth mouse (Microsoft branded) and from what I can tell it's something every Bluetooth peripherals do.

I am not familiar with your peripherals but from the small things I heard, they sound high-end and most of those peripherals also have the option to be connected with a physical wire.

Try doing that and I can guarantee you won't have any more issues

The problem is that I also have a Dell XPS 9500 and those same peripherals work perfectly with it, no freezes or glitches, that's why I believe it has to do with the Razer Book or some Windows configuration that I'm missing...

4 minutes ago, ShirEkerling said:

The problem is that I also have a Dell XPS 9500 and those same peripherals work perfectly with it, no freezes or glitches, that's why I believe it has to do with the Razer Book or some Windows configuration that I'm missing...

it is definitely some stupid setting that we don't get right. That or the BT card on the DELL is better, witch seems to be the case.