What’s a good Gpu for Ryzen 5 3400g?

Snow.

I’m trying to find a good, compatible graphics card to pair with my ryzen 5 3400g and my budget is around 200-300$. I’ve got 2x8gb 2666mhz of ram, a 450W power supply and the main games I’d like to play are Destiny 2, Valorant, Rocket League, Rust, Fortnite and Gta V. I’ve been looking around some and noticed the Gigabyte Rx 570 8gb is a good option, but I’d like to see what others think. Thank you for your attention. 🙂

7 minutes ago, Snow. said:

I’m trying to find a good, compatible graphics card to pair with my ryzen 5 3400g and my budget is around 200-300$. I’ve got 2x8gb 2666mhz of ram, a 450W power supply and the main games I’d like to play are Destiny 2, Valorant, Rocket League, Rust, Fortnite and Gta V. I’ve been looking around some and noticed the Gigabyte Rx 570 8gb is a good option, but I’d like to see what others think. Thank you for your attention. 🙂

if you can find them in stock 1660 super should be below budget  and is a  faster card than a 570 and if you can ever find it ever I would even go as high as getting a 3060 for $329

1660 Super/ti

Used 1070/1070 ti

Used Vega 56

That's assuming you could find any of those in the $200-300 price range, all of them ought to be in that window or less under normal circumstances but with the current state of the market a 570 might be the best you can do.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

4 hours ago, rice guru said:

if you can find them in stock 1660 super should be below budget  and is a  faster card than a 570 and if you can ever find it ever I would even go as high as getting a 3060 for $329

Hey man i got one quick question, if i get a 3060, am i not badly overclocking my pc? 

28 minutes ago, Snow. said:

Hey man i got one quick question, if i get a 3060, am i not badly overclocking my pc? 

I don't understand what you mean? Are you wondering if the 3060 will bottleneck the 3400g? For the most part not really but some games there will be a decent bottleneck. But bottlenecking isn't exactly bad for your PC it just means the 3400g can't use the full potential of the 3060 in some games at 1080p. But a slight bottle neck isn't as bad as many may suggest a gpu bottleneck for me is honestly more desirable than the other way around. It means that I'm pushing the maximum amount of frames my cpu is able to output. A 3060 opens you up to a better upgrade path than other GPUs. It's a completely capable card for high refresh rate 1440p games in most currently released titles. At 1440p your cpu will matter less basically getting rid of the bottleneck. A 3060 will also be a good card to have around if you intend to upgrade CPUs in the future as well as the card will be able to take more advantage of the future cpu. The 3060 in most titles match the 1080ti in performance. The 1660 super is about a 1070 ti in performance. A Rx 570 is inbetween a 1050ti and 1060. If I was sin your position I would try hard to hold out. And keep using the integrated GPU and wait for a 3060 to drop to MSRP. Unfortunately due to generally high demand, scalpers, and miners this is almost impossible to do and makes old gen cards that should be like a $150 or lower stick to MSRP pricing.

3400G has 8 PCI-e3.0 lanes for gpu. RTX 3060 is designed for PCI-e4.0 x16. With 3400G you minimize the bandwith for the gpu with 75%. So with 3400G a 3060 get a quarter of the bandwith it is desgned for.