need some help with steam

adnartion

Hey guys, i need some help. i want to know if it can be done at all how i make steam find the game files for steamgames. 

i recently had to do a fresh install of windows 7. before i did though i copied my folder with all my steam games( all 800gigs) and put them on an external hard drive.

then when i had re installed windows 7 i installed steam and put the folder back where it should be in the steam files.

but i need to know how i can make steam find the files so i can launch the games through steam.

i really don't want to download them all again it will take me weeks with the state of my internet 

Hey guys, i need some help. i want to know if it can be done at all how i make steam find the game files for steamgames. 

i recently had to do a fresh install of windows 7. before i did though i copied my folder with all my steam games( all 800gigs) and put them on an external hard drive.

then when i had re installed windows 7 i installed steam and put the folder back where it should be in the steam files.

but i need to know how i can make steam find the files so i can launch the games through steam.

i really don't want to download them all again it will take me weeks with the state of my internet 

Well if they are in the right area you should just be able to click download and steam will find the existing files.

well then it seems like i have put them in the wrong place. could anyone tell me where the files should be located i though it should just be in the common folder like it was before the wipe

ok nevermid i had to download one game so that steam would create the common folder where it puts the games by default. then all i just had to put all the files inside that folder 

it is in the common folder. Downloading the game will make Steam look at it and verify that you have all the files, so it should be abnormally fast.

E:\Program Files (x86)\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common

ignore the E

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M ||