My wlan connection goes to 0 kpbs every 9 seconds and I cannot find a way to fix that.

KemLe

So my internet connection keeps hitting 0kpbs every 9 seconds and I have not found a way to fix this. I have tried updating my drivers and troubleshooting doesn't find anything. I have no idea what to do and I need help. It doesn't do this on any other device than my computer so the problem is in it.

Näyttökuva (5).png

You're not transferring data, that's showing data being transferred and if there is only background stuff being sent then it's 100% normal for it to stop transmitting. Even my 10G LAN connection does that and it's completely normal.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

You're not transferring data, that's showing data being transferred and if there is only background stuff being sent then it's 100% normal for it to stop transmitting. Even my 10G LAN connection does that and it's completely normal.

Yea, but when im in a discord call with my friends it cuts out when my connection goes to 0.

1 minute ago, KemLe said:

Yea, but when im in a discord call with my friends it cuts out when my connection goes to 0.

Are there other wireless devices on the network then that are doing a large data transfer? If it's happening under load then that's an issue but likely with the access point/router

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Are there other wireless devices on the network then that are doing a large data transfer? If it's happening under load then that's an issue but likely with the access point/router

No. It has been doing this for like a week.

I found another thread about the same issue with the same hardware (https://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/69035-internet-connection-constantly-dropping-every-few-minutes.html)

It tells you to do this:

"1) Click on the WiFi signal icon on your computer taskbar to open the WiFi page that contains a list of different network names.
2) Right-click on the WiFi box (please refer to the attached snapshot where the cursor pointed) and you will see a message Go to Settings.
3) Click on Go to Settings, click on Manage Known Networks.
4) On Manage Known Networks, you might see a list of all your saved networks from the past to the current ones (if you had saved not only one network names onto your computer).
5) Right-click on the network names that you don't want and click on Forget to remove them away and, only keep the one network name that you always want to connect with.
6) Open Network Settings which you can found on the WiFi page (the first snapshot), make sure you have turned off for the other settings there (as shown on next snapshot attached).
7) By doing all the above, the WiFi connection will not automatically disconnect itself no matter what you do to the computer (e.g, restart computer or put the computer to sleep)."

3 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

I found another thread about the same issue with the same hardware (https://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/69035-internet-connection-constantly-dropping-every-few-minutes.html)

It tells you to do this:

"1) Click on the WiFi signal icon on your computer taskbar to open the WiFi page that contains a list of different network names.
2) Right-click on the WiFi box (please refer to the attached snapshot where the cursor pointed) and you will see a message Go to Settings.
4) On Manage Known Networks, you might see a list of all your saved networks from the past to the current ones (if you had saved not only one network names onto your computer).
5) Right-click on the network names that you don't want and click on Forget to remove them away and, only keep the one network name that you always want to connect with.
6) Open Network Settings which you can found on the WiFi page (the first snapshot), make sure you have turned off for the other settings there (as shown on next snapshot attached).
7) By doing all the above, the WiFi connection will not automatically disconnect itself no matter what you do to the computer (e.g, restart computer or put the computer to sleep)."

Here is the image I forgot to repost: Internet Connection constantly dropping every few minutes.-2016_11_13_17_46_401.png

5 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

Here is the image I forgot to repost: Internet Connection constantly dropping every few minutes.-2016_11_13_17_46_401.png

9 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

It tells you to do this:

This didn't work either. I believe that this didn't work because my wifi doesn't disconnect, but it just stops downloading and uploading stuff for no reason.