I will be getting my VR soon, anything i need to know as i haven't had one before

G_K
Go to solution Solved by trufret,
20 hours ago, Uknown0002 said:

I will be getting my VR soon, Tuesday,   Anything i need to know as i haven't had one before, Setup tips, extra features, cool stuff to do with the VR, Steam games, ect

Oculus Rift S PC-Powered VR Gaming Headset

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oculus-Rift-PC-Powered-Gaming-Headset/dp/B07PTMKYS7/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=VR&qid=1614541005&sr=8-3

Moving around in game but not actually moving in real life is most likely going to make you motion sick pretty quick.

Games that are room scale where you physically walk around your space or use teleport locomotion where you warp from one spot to another pretty much avoid this.

Games where you move with the thumb stick or driving/flying games where your eyes see acceleration but your body doesn't feel it are going to be uncomfortable for the first little while.

As soon as you start to feel sick, get cold sweats etc... stop immediately and take a break and come back later when you feel 100% normal.

DO NOT try and push through the sickness or you will feel much worse.

After awhile you will adapt and wont feel sick anymore.

When i first got VR i could only stand the artificial motion for about 10-15 mins before i was sick.  Now I can dogfight in VR fighter jets all day and feel fine.

It had the side benefit of reducing my motion sickness in real cars too.

Look for room scale games or games that support teleport at the begging and slowly add in games that use thumbstick movement or driving/flying so you aren't put off by only being able to play for a short time before you have to stop.

I will be getting my VR soon, Tuesday,   Anything i need to know as i haven't had one before, Setup tips, extra features, cool stuff to do with the VR, Steam games, ect

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oculus-Rift-PC-Powered-Gaming-Headset/dp/B07PTMKYS7/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=VR&qid=1614541005&sr=8-3

33 minutes ago, Uknown0002 said:

don't get your impression from you're first use. you'll get used to downsides

20 hours ago, Uknown0002 said:

Moving around in game but not actually moving in real life is most likely going to make you motion sick pretty quick.

Games that are room scale where you physically walk around your space or use teleport locomotion where you warp from one spot to another pretty much avoid this.

Games where you move with the thumb stick or driving/flying games where your eyes see acceleration but your body doesn't feel it are going to be uncomfortable for the first little while.

As soon as you start to feel sick, get cold sweats etc... stop immediately and take a break and come back later when you feel 100% normal.

When i first got VR i could only stand the artificial motion for about 10-15 mins before i was sick.  Now I can dogfight in VR fighter jets all day and feel fine.

Look for room scale games or games that support teleport at the begging and slowly add in games that use thumbstick movement or driving/flying so you aren't put off by only being able to play for a short time before you have to stop.

1 hour ago, trufret said:

The games i have bought over the years that come with steam VR are, subnautica, paranormal activity, the forest, phasmophobia, boogeyman1-2, golf it, emily wants to play, passing pineview forest, transmissions element 120, back to dinosaur island,