Why does Laptop freezes? Is it Bad???

So its i wanna know if its bad that my laptop freezes, like totally freezes that even mouse can't move. I wanna know what's the culprit and how to solve the problem complete in long term, like i just restarted my laptop and that's it, and don't know when will occur again. So please help me.

7 minutes ago, DC.MONZ said:

So its i wanna know if its bad that my laptop freezes, like totally freezes that even mouse can't move. I wanna know what's the culprit and how to solve the problem complete in long term, like i just restarted my laptop and that's it, and don't know when will occur again. So please help me.

Laptop manufacturer/model number, ram, one simple fix is go into your power setting and set it to Balanced if it is set to balanced leave it and sound off what you have in a reply and from there we can gauge what can or rather, what could be done in an attempt to help you 🙂

7 minutes ago, Chris Greene said:

Laptop manufacturer/model number, ram, one simple fix is go into your power setting and set it to Balanced if it is set to balanced leave it and sound off what you have in a reply and from there we can gauge what can or rather, what could be done in an attempt to help you 🙂

Asus TUF FX505DT

Ryzen 5 3550H

16gb Ram 2400mhz

My power setting is set in balanced before freeze occurs but I change the Maximum power processor rate 100% to 98%.

1 minute ago, DC.MONZ said:

Asus TUF FX505DT

Ryzen 5 3550H

16gb Ram 2400mhz

My power setting is set in balanced before freeze occurs but I change the Maximum power processor rate 100% to 98%.

one of the users on reddit here states that his laptop froze when using Chrome, have you tried uninstalling that and trying Mozilla, Opera or another browser? please read this reddit form and maybe some of their fixes can help you, this seems like a common issue these laptops face.

2 minutes ago, Chris Greene said:

one of the users on reddit here states that his laptop froze when using Chrome, have you tried uninstalling that and trying Mozilla, Opera or another browser? please read this reddit form and maybe some of their fixes can help you, this seems like a common issue these laptops face.

It might be that chrome is the culprit, but i haven't tried uninstalling/reinstalling chrome or other similar apps. I'll try it if my laptop freezes again. And thank you for helping me finding solutions, i really really appreciate it.

2 minutes ago, DC.MONZ said:

It might be that chrome is the culprit, but i haven't tried uninstalling/reinstalling chrome or other similar apps. I'll try it if my laptop freezes again. And thank you for helping me finding solutions, i really really appreciate it.

No worries, I hope that simple fix addresses your issues. Best of luck. If its still happens I would seek a user with a fan curve or a way to undervolt and underclock the chip as that is another more advanced issue those laptops commonly face.

• 1 year later...
On 2/28/2021 at 7:31 AM, Chris Greene said:

No worries, I hope that simple fix addresses your issues. Best of luck. If its still happens I would seek a user with a fan curve or a way to undervolt and underclock the chip as that is another more advanced issue those laptops commonly face.

my Asus TUF FX505DT keeps crashing with in 10 to 15 minutes of gameplay.

please help