Does adding pads help gaming like it does mining?

So this is my first post so forgive me if this is a really dumb question. I recently saw that a bunch of people have been buying thermal pads to cool the memory chips and other parts to their 3080's to get anywhere from 20%-30% better hash rate for mining. If you did the same thing but just for gaming or premire pro, would it make a difference? I have read a few mixed things. Link of one person doing this for mining. https://youtu.be/1Z82OdnH_Rs

It's reasonable as mining are vram intensive, i dont think it would matter for gaming / editing.

You can just add it and see the result yourself, pads are dirt cheap. (infact i'm gonna try it right now).

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Do it and find out. Pads are cheap. 
Assuming you know how to oc and test appropriately. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

12 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

It's reasonable as mining are vram intensive, i dont think it would matter for gaming / editing.

You can just add it and see the result yourself, pads are dirt cheap. (infact i'm gonna try it right now).

true, ill order some pads and just give it a shot, just curious if anyone knew about it already thanks  for the response

10 minutes ago, Craftyawesome said:

Maybe first check how hot your memory gets in a game using hwinfo. Some cards can still keep ok temps without extra cooling.

thank you for the info much appreciated. 

I honestly don't think it's an issue gaming. During gaming I noticed even on a 3090 the temperature on VRAM is in the 70s full power vs high 90s while mining with power limited profile. Take a look at HWinfo and decide if you need it. Keep in mind you should get some better pads too, the cheap blue 2w pads are not very good.

9 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

Do it and find out. Pads are cheap. 
Assuming you know how to oc and test appropriately. 

pads are cheap and installing them makes rocket surgery look like child's play... UwU 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity