AMD Ryzen Balanced Power plan not an option

Shecki

I noticed today on a new build (about a month old) that I don't have Ryzen Balanced Power as an option in power options. So, I went ahead and uninstalled my chipset drivers, installed with what are the most current drivers and it still will not show up as an option. Anyone have any guesses as to why I can't seem to get this to show up in power options? Any input is greatly appreciated.

12 minutes ago, Shecki said:

I noticed today on a new build (about a month old) that I don't have Ryzen Balanced Power as an option in power options. So, I went ahead and uninstalled my chipset drivers, installed with what are the most current drivers and it still will not show up as an option. Anyone have any guesses as to why I can't seem to get this to show up in power options? Any input is greatly appreciated.

This might seem a bit dumb but.. did you restart your computer right after you installed the drivers?

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

Do you have a Ryzen 5000-series CPU?

Ryzen 5000 series CPUs do not require a special Ryzen Power Profile, so it is not installed with Chipset driver package. Please use the Windows Balanced Power Profile for these procesors. Previous generation Ryzen processors will continue to use the Ryzen Balanced Power Profile for optimal performance and this is included in the Chipset driver package.

Solved: Re: Missing power plans on AMD Ryzen 5000 series - AMD Community

2 hours ago, Zagna said:

Thanks a ton. Yeah, I did do a restart right after the driver update. Good to know I'm not going crazy. It'd be cool if AMD actually posted this info somewhere on their page so people don't think they're having driver issues. I appreciate the info!