Oculus Link Cable alternative

Going_AFK

What good alternative cables for the oculus quest 2 since the oculus link cable itself is a bit expensive and looking for alternatives

I've had friends told me USB Type A to type C cable works well for them, not necessarily type C to C

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

13 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

I've had friends told me USB Type A to type C cable works well for them, not necessarily type C to C

I use one of those myself. You just need to make sure the cable you get is USB 3.0 with 5 Gbps transfer speed. You also need to make sure your motherboard has a USB 3.0 port open. From my experience, USB ports on your case won't work, even if they are USB 3.0.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

16 minutes ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

I use one of those myself. You just need to make sure the cable you get is USB 3.0 with 5 Gbps transfer speed. You also need to make sure your motherboard has a USB 3.0 port open. From my experience, USB ports on your case won't work, even if they are USB 3.0.

Also also don't get those 2$ 5m 3.0 cables they barely work if at all. Which should be a dead giveaway with the price :p.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Also also don't get those 2$ 5m 3.0 cables they barely work if at all. Which should be a dead giveaway with the price :p.

Yeah, that's also important. From what I've seen, a decently long third-party cable that's rated to work with Oculus Link should cost somewhere between $20-30.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

6 hours ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

Could you send a link if the usb cable that you use

1 hour ago, Going_AFK said:

Could you send a link if the usb cable that you use

I wish I could, but the one I got doesn't seem to be listed on Amazon anymore than I can find.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x