Chrome extension, setting, or something wanted so bookmarks always open in a new tab on left-click

Euphoria

I've started a new job that requires me to be bouncing from page to page, app to app... every few seconds and no matter how much I concentrate I keep forgetting when rushing and accidentally left-clicking a bookmark and losing everything I've just wrote or been working on because a lot of the sites/pages don't save drafts. (Inb4, I know about ctrl-click and middle-click, I do normally do this but sometimes while rushing I forget and lose work/time)

I really need either an extension, a setting, or anything that will force bookmarks to always open in a new tab on left-click? Even if it's something I have to manually edit and add to every bookmark individually, I'll do it.

Is there anything?

Build: "The Cake Is A Lie" - (Portal 2 Theme)  Wall Mounted (in a ThermalTake Core P8 all sides removed)  Ryzen 5900X • 64GB Team Group Dark Pro (B-Dies) 3600MHz CL16 • ASUS X570-E Gaming • EK Quantum Plexi Monoblock  MSI RTX 3090 Suprim X  EK Quantum Plexi Block  2TB Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 NVME  8TB Samsung 870 QVO  Corsair RM 850X 2x EK P480M Radiators   PrimoChill Fittings  2x D5 Pumps  Monsoon MMRS Pump Housing  2x HeatKiller Tube 200 Reservoirs  

Have you looked through...

chrome://about

...to see if its hidden away?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

9 minutes ago, Euphoria said:

I've started a new job that requires me to be bouncing from page to page, app to app... every few seconds and no matter how much I concentrate I keep forgetting when rushing and accidentally left-clicking a bookmark and losing everything I've just wrote or been working on because a lot of the sites/pages don't save drafts. (Inb4, I know about ctrl-click and middle-click, I do normally do this but sometimes while rushing I forget and lose work/time)

I really need either an extension, a setting, or anything that will force bookmarks to always open in a new tab on left-click? Even if it's something I have to manually edit and add to every bookmark individually, I'll do it.

Is there anything?

This would be the easiest fix and then use slight caution or have your works getting saved after each edit with it being done in Google Docs since anything changed is saved in its cloud. I swear by docs especially if I'm writing or doing late night edits.

9 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Have you looked through...

chrome://about

...to see if its hidden away?

Yes, I have checked and there's nothing. I figured there must be an extension surely but I can't find one 😕 

Build: "The Cake Is A Lie" - (Portal 2 Theme)  Wall Mounted (in a ThermalTake Core P8 all sides removed)  Ryzen 5900X • 64GB Team Group Dark Pro (B-Dies) 3600MHz CL16 • ASUS X570-E Gaming • EK Quantum Plexi Monoblock  MSI RTX 3090 Suprim X  EK Quantum Plexi Block  2TB Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 NVME  8TB Samsung 870 QVO  Corsair RM 850X 2x EK P480M Radiators   PrimoChill Fittings  2x D5 Pumps  Monsoon MMRS Pump Housing  2x HeatKiller Tube 200 Reservoirs  

9 minutes ago, Chris Greene said:

This would be the easiest fix and then use slight caution or have your works getting saved after each edit with it being done in Google Docs since anything changed is saved in its cloud. I swear by docs especially if I'm writing or doing late night edits.

Thanks but that isn't possible. As I said, sometimes while in a rush with a client on the phone going nuts because XYZ I'm balancing 20 tabs and apps at once, soon or later I will click a bookmark, forget to middle-click and... Bam!... work on that page is gone.

13 minutes ago, Euphoria said:

Thanks but that isn't possible. As I said, sometimes while in a rush with a client on the phone going nuts because XYZ I'm balancing 20 tabs and apps at once, soon or later I will click a bookmark, forget to middle-click and... Bam!... work on that page is gone.

Kind of a dumb question, but could you utilize another monitor and work on primary and keep your tabs on the secondary or vice versa? or another low impact browser so you're not conflicting with other tabs unless you use the bookmarks for quicker functions.

Try hiding bookmarks so that they appear only on a blank page. You can quickly open a new page by ctrl+t and then use your mouse to open a bookmark. If you want to be a power user use middle click and learn keyboard shortcuts.