Testing 2nd GPU on B550 to mine?

Hey guys! 

So I'm trying to test a 1080 TI (Aorus) that I received in the mail after selling it to someone who said it doesn't work. It worked before I sent it out. 

My primary GPU in this PC is also a 1080 Ti Gaming X so drivers should be the same? 

Now when I try only this new GPU I can get to windows but there's artifacts all over on the screen. Says there's no drivers installed so I tried installing through GeForce without deleting the old. 

No display and can't get the PC to get through the loading screen when it does show something. 

The Gaming X still works fine when I swap them. 

But I'm curious if it can still mine because then it has some value right? 

So I'm trying to run it in the second GPU slot on my B550 Gaming Carbon but I can't get past BIOS with both GPUs installed. Is this even worth attempting with a B550 or should I try it on an X570 where it should definitely work (if the card allows)? I'll be grabbing one either way so not a big deal. 

I just want to see if it's still good for mining even if the display out doesn't work as I have other cards good for that and gaming on lol. 

So is this a B550 problem or if the card is good should it work on B550 in the second slot? According to MSIs website, the second slot supports PCIe 3.0 x16 at x4. 

Not really sure how else to test this GPU until I can get some more parts but any help at all would be appreciated! 

If it doesn’t work properly, it isn’t gonna mine properly. Isn’t a display thing. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

24 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

If it doesn’t work properly, it isn’t gonna mine properly. Isn’t a display thing. 

That's what I was wondering, thanks! Is there anything I can do to try and fix it? Like can it be a temperature problem or something? It worked fine before I mailed it out and now all of a sudden it doesn't work, which I understand can happen but I want to try lol.

1 hour ago, mrdoubtfull said:

That's what I was wondering, thanks! Is there anything I can do to try and fix it? Like can it be a temperature problem or something? It worked fine before I mailed it out and now all of a sudden it doesn't work, which I understand can happen but I want to try lol.

First thing, did you verify it’s the same card? I assume you took pics of the serial number. 

If you can’t get it to boot or display, doubt it’s a temperature thing as it can’t get hot that quick. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz