nvidia

ficoblooder

So I have a HP 8300 SFF and it is great but I wanna get a proper GPU. I  think I will get a 1050 or 1050ti that is shorter but I am interested if I can fit a full size GPU like this one. I am OK with cutting the case and making bigger changes but my interest is WILL IT FIT? I am not interested in low profile graphics because I will pay double for something that is worse. So if anyone has done it or knows someone who does. Please send a picture I will be very interested and I dont wanna buy a PCI cabel bacause it is expensive. Thank you for your Answer. INNO3D GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Compact

It probably will fit, but you won't be able to put the case sidepanel back on. You could try using a PCIE riser so you can relocate the GPU somewhere else inside the case if there is space but I would personally recommend getting a graphics card that has a low profile bracket for best compatibility.

Also the GTX 1650 might be a better choice since the 1050 ti looks to cost the same if not more as a 1650 while having lower performance.

Fit? probably yep.

Power? probably no

you probably need to have another modded psi dangling to the side of the case for anything meaningful, especially considering how small psus are in SFF systems

Reminder 

The IIA rule applies here:

I'm mostly speaking from experience so what I say may not work

I may be a complete asshole in some threads but I swear that I won't lie

Anyways, I am always glad to help

25 minutes ago, ficoblooder said:

So I have a HP 8300 SFF and it is great but I wanna get a proper GPU. I  think I will get a 1050 or 1050ti that is shorter but I am interested if I can fit a full size GPU like this one. I am OK with cutting the case and making bigger changes but my interest is WILL IT FIT? I am not interested in low profile graphics because I will pay double for something that is worse. So if anyone has done it or knows someone who does. Please send a picture I will be very interested and I dont wanna buy a PCI cabel bacause it is expensive. Thank you for your Answer. INNO3D GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Compact

Your post is kind of puzzling.

You say you think you'll get a crd that is "shorter." OK. But then you want to know if you can fit a "full-size" GPU, and your example is a tiny single-fan model designed for ITX cases, which most people would consider "short."

You say you're not interested in "low-profile" cards. If "shorter" doesn't mean a low-profile card and it doesn't mean a card which is actually short in length like the 1050 ti you have in your picture, what does it mean?

You seem confused about graphics card sizes and form factors in general. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

You could maybe get a low power 1050ti like this (though not at this price) https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-gv-n105toc-4gl/p/N82E16814125952?Description=1050ti&cm_re=1050ti-_-14-125-952-_-Product. The 8300sff has a 240w psu (I think) so it should be able to handle the low power 1050ti. 

My primary system: Core I7 10700k, 32 gb Trident Z RGB ram@3200mhz, EVGA GTX 970 SSC (will upgrade), NZXT N7 Z490 motherboard (Black), Samsung 970 Evo plus 1TB SSD, NZXT C850 PSU, Hyper 212 EVO cooler (getting new water cooler soon), NZXT H510i case. 

My secondary system: Core I7 4820k, 16 gb quad channel 1600mhz ram, GTX 780 reference, Asus PX79LE, SK Hynix GOLD s31 500gb SSD, some 10 yr old Cooler Master 750w psu, Hyper 212, old Cooler Master case.

Laptop: Lenovo l380 yoga I5 8250u, 8gb ram, 256gb ssd storage)

1 hour ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

It probably will fit, but you won't be able to put the case sidepanel back on. You could try using a PCIE riser so you can relocate the GPU somewhere else inside the case if there is space but I would personally recommend getting a graphics card that has a low profile bracket for best compatibility.

Also the GTX 1650 might be a better choice since the 1050 ti looks to cost the same if not more as a 1650 while having lower performance.

I will get a 1050 used for like...100 bucks

1 hour ago, skNDstry said:

Fit? probably yep.

Power? probably no

you probably need to have another modded psi dangling to the side of the case for anything meaningful, especially considering how small psus are in SFF systems

I read that 1050 is really power efficient card so I was hoping that 240watts would be enough for it

1 hour ago, Middcore said:

Your post is kind of puzzling.

You say you think you'll get a crd that is "shorter." OK. But then you want to know if you can fit a "full-size" GPU, and your example is a tiny single-fan model designed for ITX cases, which most people would consider "short."

You say you're not interested in "low-profile" cards. If "shorter" doesn't mean a low-profile card and it doesn't mean a card which is actually short in length like the 1050 ti you have in your picture, what does it mean?

You seem confused about graphics card sizes and form factors in general. 

sorry If I mislead you, my english kind of sucks. So in shorter card I ment shorter lenght related. I dont want low profile cars that everyone puts in HP SFFs. I heard that those low profile cards are really bad and noise and I just dont want one

1 hour ago, thepoorgamer said:

You could maybe get a low power 1050ti like this (though not at this price) https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-gv-n105toc-4gl/p/N82E16814125952?Description=1050ti&cm_re=1050ti-_-14-125-952-_-Product. The 8300sff has a 240w psu (I think) so it should be able to handle the low power 1050ti. 

yes it has a 240w PSU, I am from europe so yeah... I will get my card used because I think it better value, but thanks!

6 minutes ago, ficoblooder said:

I will get a 1050 used for like...100 bucks

1050's currently go for about 150-200$ used, there's a GPU shortage, I doubt you can find one for that much.

4 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

1050's currently go for about 150-200$ used, there's a GPU shortage, I doubt you can find one for that much.

it is a used card and he put an ad saying that he wants a 100 bucks for it