Not looking to upgrade for a while

Rainbrew
Go to solution Solved by LpoolTech,
52 minutes ago, Rainbrew said:

If i were to go for a 5600x would an x570 board make sense? I find the differences between all the variants a bit confusing.

I don't think so I wouldn't go with b450 for 5600x but b550 its plenty enough x570 sometimes have few more features such us PCIe gen 4 on all slots (usually only m.2 and graphic card slot on b550) but in the end it depends on your use case if you will be just gaming and don't need the other features go with good b550  board and safe some cash

Budget (including currency): <3000 PLN

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: AAA games, less demanding games, trading, music production

Other details: atm keeping gtx 1060, ssd+hdd, 550w psu

I'm currently running an i7-2600 with 8gb of ram paired with the gpu above. The ram limitation has been an issue for a while now and so I'm looking to upgrade the cpu/ram/mobo. I really don't want to have to buy anything else for a while and I wanted to cover all features possible without spending a fortune (so does everyone else, I know). I'm currently looking at 16gb of cl15 3000mhz ddr4, an msi mpg x570 gaming edge mobo and an r5 3600. Once the prices of graphics cards become more reasonable hopefully in a year or so I'd like to pair this with an RTX 3060ti. My current issue is that I technically could purchase a 5 5600x, however in my country the price of it is almost double that of the 3600. I'm just not sure if it's worth it to firek out that much more money for a cpu that I'm not sure will make that much of a difference at 1080p 144hz/ 1440p 144hz in the future. I understand that better cpu = better for longer but I'm just not sure it makes sense in my use case. Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Rainbrew said:

Budget (including currency): <3000 PLN

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: AAA games, less demanding games, trading, music production

Other details: atm keeping gtx 1060, ssd+hdd, 550w psu

I'm currently running an i7-2600 with 8gb of ram paired with the gpu above. The ram limitation has been an issue for a while now and so I'm looking to upgrade the cpu/ram/mobo. I really don't want to have to buy anything else for a while and I wanted to cover all features possible without spending a fortune (so does everyone else, I know). I'm currently looking at 16gb of cl15 3000mhz ddr4, an msi mpg x570 gaming edge mobo and an r5 3600. Once the prices of graphics cards become more reasonable hopefully in a year or so I'd like to pair this with an RTX 3060ti. My current issue is that I technically could purchase a 5 5600x, however in my country the price of it is almost double that of the 3600. I'm just not sure if it's worth it to firek out that much more money for a cpu that I'm not sure will make that much of a difference at 1080p 144hz/ 1440p 144hz in the future. I understand that better cpu = better for longer but I'm just not sure it makes sense in my use case. Thanks in advance!

well If you are getting 3600x then don't buy x570 motherboard its a waste of money go with b450 or b550, I would also consider intel due to amd 5000 being out of stock or overpriced. At 1080p (with good GPU) you will be CPU limited which means better CPU more frames at 1440p CPU will matter but GPU will do most of the work. I put few parts list form x-kom and fox komputer in poland which you can have a look at. any of them is good imo but if I were you I would go with i7 or spend more money and go with 5600x. Edit: I'm sure if you look around you can find better prices on some other websites

3600xt.JPG

5600x.JPG

i5.JPG

i7.JPG

1 hour ago, LpoolTech said:

well If you are getting 3600x then don't buy x570 motherboard its a waste of money go with b450 or b550, I would also consider intel due to amd 5000 being out of stock or overpriced. At 1080p (with good GPU) you will be CPU limited which means better CPU more frames at 1440p CPU will matter but GPU will do most of the work. I put few parts list form x-kom and fox komputer in poland which you can have a look at. any of them is good imo but if I were you I would go with i7 or spend more money and go with 5600x. Edit: I'm sure if you look around you can find better prices on some other websites

3600xt.JPG

5600x.JPG

i5.JPG

i7.JPG

If i were to go for a 5600x would an x570 board make sense? I find the differences between all the variants a bit confusing.

52 minutes ago, Rainbrew said:

I don't think so I wouldn't go with b450 for 5600x but b550 its plenty enough x570 sometimes have few more features such us PCIe gen 4 on all slots (usually only m.2 and graphic card slot on b550) but in the end it depends on your use case if you will be just gaming and don't need the other features go with good b550  board and safe some cash