Minecraft Fps Drops

Mxnkez

I get huge fps drops on Minecraft 1.8 when looking around at fast speeds. I usually play on Lunar Client, but also get drops with no client.  I go from 165fps down to 30fps.  I have tried giving Minecraft more RAM, Turning off and on Vsync, and lowering settings.  Any help?
Specs:  MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, intel core i7-9700k 3.60GHz, 16GB 3000 MHz RAM, Cooler Master 120mm Watercooler

Edit: Fixed, If anyone is having the same problem check your mouse settings.  I had my polling rate at 1000mhz and I turned it down to 500mhz and it fixed it.

5 minutes ago, Mxnkez said:

I get huge fps drops on Minecraft 1.8 when looking around at fast speeds. I usually play on Lunar Client, but also get drops with no client.  I go from 165fps down to 30fps.  I have tried giving Minecraft more RAM, Turning off and on Vsync, and lowering settings.  Any help?
Specs:  Nvdia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, intel core i7-9700k 3.60GHz, 16GB 3000 MHz RAM, Cooler Master 120mm Watercooler

1.8 or 1.8.9?

What settings are you playing on? Is your RAM in dual channel and XMP? How are your temps? Are your drivers updated? Are you using the 3060ti or the iGPU? (you can check in NVIDIA Control Pannel)

Also do you have optfine installed?

And for lunar, make sure you dont have alot of mods on. Too many mods can kill FPS

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

If you are using 1.8.9 forge id donwload optifine and patcher to boost fps and stability. Minecraft is poorly optimised but mods can make it considerably better

Yoy get FPS drops because your storage (if you are on singleplayer) or the server storage (if multiplayer) can't keep up with 

35 minutes ago, Mxnkez said:

when looking around at fast speeds.

and load fast enough the terrain around you.

Either you need faster storage or the server can't keep up with you.

6 hours ago, Downkey said:

1.8 or 1.8.9?

What settings are you playing on? Is your RAM in dual channel and XMP? How are your temps? Are your drivers updated? Are you using the 3060ti or the iGPU? (you can check in NVIDIA Control Pannel)

Also do you have optfine installed?

And for lunar, make sure you dont have alot of mods on. Too many mods can kill FPS

1.8.9  I'm playing on like max settings, but i still get drops when i turn it down.  My ram is dual channel and XMP hasn't made a difference.  My temps are normal and other games run smoothly.  And im using the 3060ti i'm pretty sure.

6 hours ago, komar said:

Yoy get FPS drops because your storage (if you are on singleplayer) or the server storage (if multiplayer) can't keep up with 

and load fast enough the terrain around you.

Either you need faster storage or the server can't keep up with you.

My friend has a slower ssd and no hard drive and doesnt get fps drops?  Not sure if thats the pronlem.

6 hours ago, Hyrogenes said:

If you are using 1.8.9 forge id donwload optifine and patcher to boost fps and stability. Minecraft is poorly optimised but mods can make it considerably better

Yeah i have optifine downloaded, I haven't heard of patcher.  I'll check it out.