Dell G5-5587: How do fix the ever increasing gap between the screen and and panel just above the Dell logo in the middle? (pics inside)

Issue: So there is a growing gap between the screen and panel. Right now I just try not to close and open the lid too many times but I want to fix it. 

Question: Is there some glue or anything else I can do to fix it? I can get stuff in Vancouver, Canada or India.

Thank you.

See pics in attachment and here's a video. -> https://imgur.com/a/Q9MVB8b

IMG_20200822_180533281.jpg

IMG_20200822_180544765.jpg

IMG_20200822_180610033_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200822_180629117_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200901_154352917.jpg

IMG_20200901_154359031.jpg

Seems like the display casing has come unstuck from the screen and the hinge is causing the frame to bend every time you open the laptop. Disassemble it and see if there are any screws that should be holding it together that may have dropped out or broken off. 

On 2/25/2021 at 5:19 PM, Aereldor said:

Seems like the display casing has come unstuck from the screen and the hinge is causing the frame to bend every time you open the laptop. Disassemble it and see if there are any screws that should be holding it together that may have dropped out or broken off. 

Thank you. I'll try this.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey. I'm faced with the exact same problem. Have you managed to fix it? If I can I would much rather fix it myself since this is my main machine.