Bad USB-C Ports after a short time. Looking for your opinion.

Hello everyone. I wanted to hear your experiences and opinions on this.

Somehow I seem to have really bad experiences with phones with USB-C ports.

My first phone with one was a Samsung S9. Port had first signs of breaking after about 2.2years. It started showing the "water in port"-warning and stopped to fastcharge. Another 1-2 months later I was not able to charge it at all.

So I bought a Samsung A50. That one had the same issues of not being able to fastcharge after only 8 months, so I bought a Xiaomi Note 9 only 3 days before the A50 was not able to charge anymore and I sent it to a repairshop (sadly they wouldn't repair it under warranty, because it had a 1mm crack at the top of the screen).

Now the Xiaomi shows the first signs of not charging all the time (screen lights up every 10 seconds indicating a newly started charging process) after I only bought it in August 2020, so it has about 180 plugin cycles. The port is really wobbly already (4-5° up and down movement). There is no dust in there, since the rubber case has a plug.

Somehow I don't know what I do wrong. Since I had such bad experiences with the two Samsungs phones I swore I would eliminate my wrongdoing and only charge the Xiaomi while it lay still on my nightstand, but it still is starting to bother me. All my previouse phone with Mircro USB ports never had such issues, even if I saved them from a fall by pulling at the cable, playing on the phone while it charged, bending the cables etc. The ports held 3-5 years and where thight to plug in the first and last day of using them. Now the new and sooo good USB-C fells like a worn out buthole of a 90 year old grandma. I am really just pissed about it, because I have better things to do than switching between phones because my new 8 month old needs to go into the repairshop again.

Are you sure there isn't any dust in there? I've had to clean out the USB C port on my phone twice in the past 2.5 years also due to the connector being wobby when plugged in and it sometimes not charging at certain angles. Each time I fixed it by taking a needle and cleaning the port. I also hadn't had this issue with micro usb.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Already looked in there. The Xiaomi rubber case has a plug for the port, so there won't get any dust in there.

13 minutes ago, Delta-Force said:

All my previouse phone with Mircro USB ports never had such issues,

This is funny to me, because I've had the opposite situation. :'D My older phones have been rendered useless because the micro-USB port was broken, not because the phone died. And it has been pretty consistent through all my electronics. It was one of the driving factors when I chose my Note 5 phone (on top of the S-Pen) because I could do wireless charging. I've even had the ports fail on my Xbox controllers, so I end up charging the battery pack in another controller, or just buying butt-loads of batteries. My Pixel XL is Type-C, and still works, charges, and all that jazz. I use it as a second cam for work, mostly, now. My Xbox Series X controller is Type-C now.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the micro-USB port was actually designed to break before the cable, for some reason?

But yeh. Only thing I could think of is the wall-wart is misbehaving.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)