Dead GPU.
Overheated and died.
Onboard is fallback

Specs for my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55 my laptop:

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Processor: Intel Core i5-10300H CPU @ 2.50GHz

RAM: 8.00GB

Motherboard: CML Stonic_CMS (U3E1)

Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (supposedly).

The Nvidia GPU has disappeared from my laptop but not completely, I don't know wether it was me stupidly using CCleaner or if it was just something that happened at the same time but its missing in my Task Manager (it was there before) and in my Graphics Settings (it was there before as a high performance gpu but is replaced with the main Intel CPU), it is appearing in my Device Manager under Display Adapters though. The Nvidia Control Panel won't launch, Geforce Experience opens but I cant click the home tab or settings button.

I have used DDU 5 times by now, i've reinstalled windows the same amount of times but the issue stays. If it was a software issue would Geforce Experience stop allowing me click buttons? Is it a hardware problem because nvidia isn't launching, paired with the fact that when i go into the Windows Apps folder and launch the other programs in the folder these errors pop up.

Screenshot_2.png.48a4d4d248f701445db21c08fc13d8a4.png

Screenshot_1.png.c717242d1a307f0ace520801b280bf91.png

Using Speccy or Acer Care Center it shows both my graphics drivers, when I used GPU-Z it also detected the Nvidia GPU but... the memory size and the GPU clock speed are both at 0.

15 hours ago, Dr_badwolf said:

Dead GPU.
Overheated and died.
Onboard is fallback

even though i wasnt doing anything demanding at the time?

46 minutes ago, Flannelist said:

Does it show in Device Manager?

Yes, it does, it normally has an error in the device manager but if I disable and enable the display adapter it will say its working properly. It says its working properly in the video I posted but i didn't enable or disable it at all it was just like that when i turned back on the laptop

1 hour ago, TheOriginalEpic said:

Yes, it does, it normally has an error in the device manager but if I disable and enable the display adapter it will say its working properly. It says its working properly in the video I posted but i didn't enable or disable it at all it was just like that when i turned back on the laptop

Hm. How did you reinstall Windows, just a reinstall keeping files? Or like fresh install from a Windows install media USB? Have you tried installing the most recent version of BIOS for your laptop? Other than that I would also wager it's a hardware problem. Especially if you've reinstalled Windows.

1 hour ago, Flannelist said:

Hm. How did you reinstall Windows, just a reinstall keeping files? Or like fresh install from a Windows install media USB? Have you tried installing the most recent version of BIOS for your laptop? Other than that I would also wager it's a hardware problem. Especially if you've reinstalled Windows.

it was a fresh install and i've already tried updating my bios, so it is a hardware problem? 😰

11 hours ago, TheOriginalEpic said:

it was a fresh install and i've already tried updating my bios, so it is a hardware problem? 😰

I would say more than likely. Especially if GPU-Z is reporting zero clock speeds. I just watched the whole video (I don't have speakers attached to my work computer so i tend to gloss over those). But with a laptop, there's not a whole lot else you can do.

3 hours ago, Flannelist said:

I would say more than likely. Especially if GPU-Z is reporting zero clock speeds. I just watched the whole video (I don't have speakers attached to my work computer so i tend to gloss over those). But with a laptop, there's not a whole lot else you can do.

Thanks for the help, the video didnt have audio anyways it was to just show my problems cause i didnt want to post alot of pictures.