Looking for good keyboard

BoxTurtle
Go to solution Solved by xSakurei,
3 hours ago, BoxTurtle said:

I am looking for a good keyboard for my friend. Below are the requirements. Note: my friend would like more a of gaming keyboard with some sort of rgb or led lighting.

Budget: $100-125

Type: Mechanical

Switch Type: Not any preffered

Wireless or Wired: Wired

Size: 60%

Hey there, I'm assuming you're talking in USD? I'm new to this forum and couldn't find any guidelines for currency convention so please forgive me. Anyways, I'd take a look at:

All three seem to meet your requirements, and have a variety of switches to choose from each one. 

I am looking for a good keyboard for my friend. Below are the requirements. Note: my friend would like more a of gaming keyboard with some sort of rgb or led lighting.

WARNING!! THE THINGS I SAY ARE BASED OFF EXPERIENCE AND MIGHT NOT BE TOTALLY ACCURATE!!

3 hours ago, BoxTurtle said:

Hey there, I'm assuming you're talking in USD? I'm new to this forum and couldn't find any guidelines for currency convention so please forgive me. Anyways, I'd take a look at:

All three seem to meet your requirements, and have a variety of switches to choose from each one. 

PC Specs:
CPU:
R5 3600 | Cooler: Corsair H100i | Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX | RAM: G.Skill 16 GB 3200MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra Gaming | Case: Phanteks P400S | Storage: WD SN550 1 TB + WD 3D NAND 1 TB | PSU: Corsair RM 750 W | Monitor: Samsung 27" G5 Odyssey WQHD 144HZ 

1 hour ago, xSakurei said:

Thanks for the help. I have taken a look at these along with some other keyboards and I think the razor huntsman mini and ducky one 2 are the best options for him. I will let him choose which one he wants because the huntsman is better for gaming but the ducky one mini is a better all around keyboard. It just depends what exactly he will use it for.

WARNING!! THE THINGS I SAY ARE BASED OFF EXPERIENCE AND MIGHT NOT BE TOTALLY ACCURATE!!

Why would the huntsman be better for gaming that the ducky ?

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

7 hours ago, Dr0y said:

Why would the huntsman be better for gaming that the ducky ?

As taken from this article that that compares the ducky to the huntsman

We had to give the Razer Huntsman Mini the win for gaming. Everything about the keyboard is geared to give you that 0.1% advantage in-game, even though it comes at the steep cost of comfort and feel. The optical switches are supposedly faster and should increase your reaction time when gaming, although I would like to see a verified study that proves that. Although I should mention, you can get the Cherry MX Speed Silver switches if you’re looking for a gaming keyboard. Although technically they may not be as fast as the optical switches, they can be a good middle-ground between gaming and comfort optimization. If you’re looking for a keyboard for exclusively gaming, the Razer Huntsman Mini wins in the end.