Fan Hubs (4 pin PWM) - are they any good?

Nocmj1
I'm going to be using far more fans that my motherboard has connectors for.

Instead of having many unwieldy splitters, I thought I would go a couple of these fan hubs - DeepCool Fan Hub Control 4PWM.

Has anyone used this fan hub before? Or indeed any others?

Do they do the job? I've read that it is possible to overload the connectors by adding too many fans to one header - isn't this always a risk with a hub like this? Please excuse the ignorance!

Thank you!

6 minutes ago, Nocmj1 said:
I'm going to be using far more fans that my motherboard has connectors for.

Instead of having many unwieldy splitters, I thought I would go a couple of these fan hubs - DeepCool Fan Hub Control 4PWM.

Has anyone used this fan hub before? Or indeed any others?

Do they do the job? I've read that it is possible to overload the connectors by adding too many fans to one header - isn't this always a risk with a hub like this? Please excuse the ignorance!

Thank you!

I think it would do the job, but I have a question for someone who knows, would the mobo have enough power to power up to 4 fans from a single header, without any other power source?

7 minutes ago, Latvian Video said:

I think it would do the job, but I have a question for someone who knows, would the mobo have enough power to power up to 4 fans from a single header, without any other power source?

That's what I am wondering too. Other hubs (albeit beefier ones) that I have seen drawn on SATA power

If you use something like that Deepcool you still need to watch how many amps your are going to put into that fan header on the mother board. Its usually 1amp max.

Aliexpress has a different type that provides a power source. Look around to see if you can find a better price.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001928908216.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4d0qUoj8

If you have the same type of fans they will go at the rate of the fan that is connected to the red header. Sometimes there is a long delivery time time, but it took 3 weeks for my delivery to arrive. I always keep some extras on hand because I tend to use a lot of fans.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

Hadn't considered that - I think I can only really get away with three at a push. I've been trying to find those bigger powered hubs - they're sold out everywhere in the UK!

10 minutes ago, Nocmj1 said:

Hadn't considered that - I think I can only really get away with three at a push. I've been trying to find those bigger powered hubs - they're sold out everywhere in the UK!

Found some - these are both SATA powered and seem like they might do the job:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/corsair-rgb-fan-hub-controller-black-fg-06k-cs.html

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/raijintek-rjk-argb-pwm-control-set-rgb-and-fan-controller-fg-01u-rt.html

Most Corsair fancy fans : up to 3 fans for 1 mobo header. 

Noctua and Arctic: up to 7 fans for 1 mobo header 

15 minutes ago, NorKris said:

Most Corsair fancy fans : up to 3 fans for 1 mobo header. 

Noctua and Arctic: up to 7 fans for 1 mobo header 

That's so helpful, thank you. I'm already kitted out with a lot of Noctua fans so I'm glad I can load them up on one header!

Just now, NorKris said:

i would recommend Arctic p12 or p120 argb 

Thanks - any reason that they might be better than Noctua?

the 2 best fans now are  arctic p12 and noctua a12x25. 

Arctic is black, 1-2% worse, and 9 dollar

noctua is brown and womit, 2 % better and 30 dollar 

1 minute ago, NorKris said:

the 2 best fans now are  arctic p12 and noctua a12x25. 

Arctic is black, 1-2% worse, and 9 dollar

noctua is brown and womit, 2 % better and 30 dollar 

Saving money always works for me!

So the one originally linked is just like 4-way PWM splitter with fancy casing. The SATA powered ones are bit different since you aren't limited with the 1A from mobo header, but 4.5A coming from SATA power. The issue, so to say, is same on both. One control over all connected fans. So for us who like zone based controls, having all case fans on single control scheme is not worth it.

Also, always check on how much your fans actually require amps-wise. I would challenge that "3 Corsair fans per header" since I remember them being 0.22-9.25A each (ML120 Pro, the fanciest you can get, 0.225A).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv