I need to find a single slot gpu for around 100

Media Maniacs

I'm attempting to modify an OptiPlex 9020 sff but due to the pcie 16x slot being at the bottom and furthermore being blocked by the psu the biggest gpu I would be able to get would have to be a single slot gpu. I could use a gpu that is 2 slots big but it would have to be placed in the 4x slot which may lower overall performance. How much of a performance drop this would create I'm unsure, however if I were to use a strong enough card that might counter the effects I'm not really sure.

But primarily I'm looking for a gpu that is 1 slot big that will fit in the machine and isn't over priced . My budget is around 100 and it doesn't need to be way to overkill. Any suggestions on single slot gpus would help, also my cpu specs are below most of the other things such as ram, storage etc I'm planning on upgrading anyway.

Cpu specs: i5-4570 3.2ghz quad core

100($?) is a tough ask with the currently inflated prices, but maybe you can find a used 1050ti if you are lucky, depends on where you live. Around here they are more like 150€ not sure what your second hand market is like.

What are you aming for - what is your usage? gaming, watching videos, web browsing, excel?

YOu would be good for watching videos, light gaming, CAD, and web browsing with a Radeon Pro card, any old Radeon HD or Radeon r5/r7/r9 etc would serve you well for less demanding tasks

45 minutes ago, Media Maniacs said:

I'm attempting to modify an OptiPlex 9020 sff but due to the pcie 16x slot being at the bottom and furthermore being blocked by the psu the biggest gpu I would be able to get would have to be a single slot gpu. I could use a gpu that is 2 slots big but it would have to be placed in the 4x slot which may lower overall performance. How much of a performance drop this would create I'm unsure, however if I were to use a strong enough card that might counter the effects I'm not really sure.

But primarily I'm looking for a gpu that is 1 slot big that will fit in the machine and isn't over priced . My budget is around 100 and it doesn't need to be way to overkill. Any suggestions on single slot gpus would help, also my cpu specs are below most of the other things such as ram, storage etc I'm planning on upgrading anyway.

Cpu specs: i5-4570 3.2ghz quad core

If you don't wanna game all that much (or at all), a GT 1030 would be fine.

If you need oomph, 100$ in this market is gonna be a real challenge.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.