new pc not powering up

connoruk1

just got all the parts for my new pc delivered and built it but its not doing anything the fans spin but nothing on the screen 

i think the board might need a bios update but how would i do this if it doesnt even show anything on the screen ? 

or if that cant be done could anyone suggest a motherboard that would work out the box ?

You need a GPU for video to be displayed because with the exception of the APUs, Ryzen doesn't have integrated graphics.

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't actually know anything. 

Recommendations: Lian Li 205m (sleek, pretty decent airflow for a non-mesh front panel and cheap), i5-10400f (Ryzen 5 3600 performance, 20% cheaper), Arctic P14 PWM fans, Logitech g305.

Are there any debug leds on the motherboard that either light up with an error code or that says "RAM", "CPU" etc? If so, which one? Make sure you have correctly seated the RAM modules and in their correct slots which is usually #2 and #4

@tishousYou need a GPU for video to be displayed because with the exception of the APUs, Ryzen doesn't have integrated graphics.

He has listed the GTX 750 Ti as GPU

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

yer got the gpu i know its a shit one but dont need it for gaming just displaying 2 monitors with hdmi cables 

i had the ram in the first slot should i move it to slot 2 as only have one stick atm due they company messing around with delivery 

and the motherboard has no lights on it or error codes or anything 

1 minute ago, connoruk1 said:

yer got the gpu i know its a shit one but dont need it for gaming just displaying 2 monitors with hdmi cables 

i had the ram in the first slot should i move it to slot 2 as only have one stick atm due they company messing around with delivery 

and the motherboard has no lights on it or error codes or anything 

Which PSU do you have? Yes try moving it into the second slot and see what happens. It shouldn't be a problem having it in the first slot but you can always try. When I got my motherboard it was broken and the RAM only worked if I put it in the first slot, the others were dead so I had to RMA it and get a new one.

Have you made sure to plug in the CPU connector at the top left of the motherboard?

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

didnt notice the psu wasnt on there its a Cooler Master MWE 400 WHITE 230V - V2 Power Supply

yer all cables and everything plugged in 

I did find this on the PCPartPicker link you attached in your post. Do you have access to another CPU?

image_2021-02-23_183753.png

Recheck all your PSU cables.  You may have some swapped possibly.

Something to check.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

Yer I saw the Bios warning 

just changed the ram to slot 2 and now it’s showing  will I still need to do that update or will it work fine now ?