Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, I have a problem with my new Z97-GD65 mobo, I by mistake installed a old broken rx 580 into her and now the motherboard randomly reboots with no error code.

My psu might also be busted but it was working fine before I installed the broken GPU could the gpu have broken my mobo?

thanks in advance

I'd call it unlikely, on a guess i'd say there some driver vodoo going on. I'd remove any leftover drivers, probabbly clear cmos and see what happenes. If it still rebooting randomly I'd reinstall windows fresh and see if that sorts the problems.

for drives u can use a program called ddu
for cmos
image.png.43802787adc68b6af64f7393487c9a62.png

2 minutes ago, Useless Soveriegn said:

I'd call it unlikely, on a guess i'd say there some driver vodoo going on. I'd remove any leftover drivers, probabbly clear cmos and see what happenes. If it still rebooting randomly I'd reinstall windows fresh and see if that sorts the problems.

for drives u can use a program called ddu
for cmos
image.png.43802787adc68b6af64f7393487c9a62.png

Already did all that an it happens even on bios the random restart...

Can it be my psu or did the mobo just died because of the broken gpu?

It could well be the psu/mobo/cpu , you'd have to verify each piece. If you have a psu lying around somewhere you can try that but i assume you would of tried already if you could. At this stage I'd go back to where you bought the board and ask them to verify the board for you

2 minutes ago, Useless Soveriegn said:

It could well be the psu/mobo/cpu , you'd have to verify each piece. If you have a psu lying around somewhere you can try that but i assume you would of tried already if you could. At this stage I'd go back to where you bought the board and ask them to verify the board for you

Cannot try another psu unfortunately but I’m sure it’s not a cpu cause i tried my i7-4790k and the i5-4630T that I had lying around...

this was second hand so cannot really test it elsewhere