Setting up surround?

Shd0w2

Does anyone have a video tutorial for me to go along with for setting up surround? I specifically wanted to play WOT on 3 1680*1050 monitors, making it 5040*3150.

Diamond 5 in League :)

quite simple using the graphical program for AMD or Nvidia, surround on Nvidia and eyefinity on AMD i think, some next buttons and things and its done, you have one massive monitor :)

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I heard that if you do it simply like that, it can result when playing a game making it only expand the single monitor looks, not giving you more FOV

yep, 3x monitor surround, the FoV is game settings and the game decides what FoV you can have, which tend to be sickly low due to consoles...

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Its really easy,under the 3d settings tab, click Configure Surround/Physx, then there is a box with span displays in Surround, check the box and hit configure. You might have to close some programs. For me I have to close Chrome and my logitech software for my mouse. But once you hit config just make sure it sees the proper displays then just follow the steps. You don't have to make a custom res if you dont want (I don't), but if you think it will be better, go for it, just make sure all the displays you want in surround are actually in surround and then go into a supported game and make sure it is working. 

Also, download Flawless Widescreen, that has fixes for games that have issues with surround.

Edit: With the FOV thing you are talking about, that only happens in curtain games that do not have good or any surround support, like CoD or Chiv I know mess up. But there are fixes for some games in the Flawless widescreen program.

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

Just thought that I should mention with 3 of them you'll be running 5040 x 1050 or 1680 x 3150. 5040 x 3150 would be if you were running 9.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Just thought that I should mention with 3 of them you'll be running 5040 x 1050 or 1680 x 3150. 5040 x 3150 would be if you were running 9.

Oh yeah lol, it'd be 5040x1050 I think.