Upgrading my 6th months old PC Build

Go to solution Solved by feraciouz,
18 minutes ago, EroewinQ said:

Hey @feraciouz, thanks for the suggestions.

Nope, but hopefully, I can finish it at the end of this year. So maybe you have alternative build I should consider?

Okay, gonna keep an eye on the 1660 super, but if I would like to consider upgrading to 3060 (maybe next year), is the Corsair CXM 550 would be enough? I just don't want to upgrade the PSU later.

So if I choose B550 A-PRO, I need to upgrade my case first because infinity 03 only managed to handle micro-ATX. And for CPU I would try to pick 3700x.

Technically its enough for 3060Ti/3060, but if you want to change your mind and getting a 3070 or else, stretching it to a 650 is good. If that's the case then go with boggy77 advice, coz a GPU and PSU alone is eating up your budget a lot because of the insane GPU price right now 

Budget (including currency): IDR 10million (USD 1 = IDR 14.000)

Games, programs, or workloads that it will be used for: 

• Ark Survival Evolved
  • Fallout 76
  • Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Here's my current build:

• CPU: Ryzen 5 3400G
  • GPU: -
  • Mobo: Galax a320m
  • RAM: HyperX Fury 2x8 16GB 3200mhz
  • Case: Enlight Infinity 03  
  • PSU: 250w (included with the case)
  • SSD: EVO 860 500GB SSD
  • HDD: 1 TB WD 
  • Monitor: Samsung 24SR350 1080@75hz

First of all, I'm planning to upgrade my PSU next month but no idea which best one should I choose, either it's power wattage or the 80+ certified (bronze or gold).

Here's my target build :

• CPU: Ryzen 5 3400G (Open to suggestion)
  • GPU: (Need suggestion)
  • Mobo: Galax a320m (Open to suggestion)
  • RAM: HyperX Fury 2x8 16GB 3200mhz
  • Case: Enlight Infinity 03 (Open to suggestion)
  • PSU: (Need suggestion)
  • SSD: EVO 860 500GB
  • HDD: 2 TB Seagate Barracuda
  • Monitor: Samsung 24SR350 1080@75hz

The order which I will consider upgrading is PSU -> GPU -> Motherboard -> Case -> CPU, but if you have any advice on which one should I buy first, please let me know. For prices, you can check these e-commerces as references: Tokopedia & EnterKomputer, but I would likely buy them from local shops (to get proper prices).

Are you in a hurry to upgrade? First of all the price on all those online shop is insane tho especially for the GPU, i look up to 3070 last December for a 9.3 Mill IDR, now its averaging for 16-17 Mill IDR (Tokopedia). For a PSU you can look up to Bitfenix Whisper 550 or Corsair CXM 550 or look up to this forum PSU Tier List > B Tier. For GPU a 1660 Super will do,  but looking at the GPU prices right now, if you can snag one out with a normal price then grab it, otherwise its best to wait for the prices to come down. Motherboard i suggest getting a B550 A-Pro from MSI or a B550 Steel Legend. Case i recommend a Phanteks P400A. And last CPU, maybe get a second hand 3600 or 3700x because the price for the 5xxx is quite high right now.

16 minutes ago, feraciouz said:
  • Are you in a hurry to upgrade?

Nope, but hopefully, I can finish it at the end of this year. So maybe you have alternative build I should consider?

For a PSU you can look up to Bitfenix Whisper 550 or Corsair CXM 550 or look up to this forum PSU Tier List > B Tier. For GPU a 1660 Super will do,  but looking at the GPU prices right now, if you can snag one out with a normal price then grab it, otherwise its best to wait for the prices to come down.

Okay, gonna keep an eye on the 1660 super, but if I would like to consider upgrading to 3060 (maybe next year), is the Corsair CXM 550 would be enough? I just don't want to upgrade the PSU later.

Motherboard i suggest getting a B550 A-Pro from MSI or a B550 Steel Legend. Case i recommend a Phanteks P400A. And last CPU, maybe get a second hand 3600 or 3700x because the price for the 5xxx is quite high right now.

So if I choose B550 A-PRO, I need to upgrade my case first because infinity 03 only managed to handle micro-ATX. And for CPU I would try to pick 3700x.

Edited by EroewinQ

i'd get psu and gpu for the whole budget, and wait one more year or so for cpu and mobo upgrade.

a good 650w psu, like a corsair cx650 (minimum), would ensure you can throw almost any gpu in there.

as for gpu, aim for a 3060ti/3060. that should fill up your budget, but still work fine with your ryzen 3400.

18 minutes ago, EroewinQ said:

Technically its enough for 3060Ti/3060, but if you want to change your mind and getting a 3070 or else, stretching it to a 650 is good. If that's the case then go with boggy77 advice, coz a GPU and PSU alone is eating up your budget a lot because of the insane GPU price right now 

3 minutes ago, feraciouz said:

Alright, my conclusion is I'm gonna buy the Corsair CX550M, waiting for the 1660 super until it goes down to normal price, change the case to any ATX case and motherboard to MSI B450 Tomahawk Max (B Tier). Maybe next year for 3060/3060Ti.

24 minutes ago, EroewinQ said:

Alright, my conclusion is I'm gonna buy the Corsair CX550M, waiting for the 1660 super until it goes down to normal price, change the case to any ATX case and motherboard to MSI B450 Tomahawk Max (B Tier). Maybe next year for 3060/3060Ti.

i don't think it's worth getting a new motherboard until you get a new cpu as well.

and get a 650w psu if you don't want to upgrade again for the 3060/ti.

CX is better than CXM, so I recommend that.

9 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

i don't think it's worth getting a new motherboard until you get a new cpu as well.

and get a 650w psu if you don't want to upgrade again for the 3060/ti.

CX is better than CXM, so I recommend that.

Ok, I will upgrade the CPU and the motherboard at the same time later.
For PSU, I'll get the 650w, but as for CX or CXM, is that only the matter of modular vs non-modular? If so, I would prefer the modular for cable management purposes.

20 minutes ago, EroewinQ said:

For PSU, I'll get the 650w, but as for CX or CXM, is that only the matter of modular vs non-modular? If so, I would prefer the modular for cable management purposes.

no, the modular vs non-modular is not the only difference. the CX is a better quality psu with better components. if you prefer modular or semi modular, go for the TXM. i wouldn't recommend the CXM.

15 hours ago, EroewinQ said:

Oops sorry, the better one is the CX (White Label) not CXM hehe, it's a tough one tho searching for any corsair PSU that is in stock in Tokopedia or EK, i'm waiting for almost one month for my Rmx 🤦‍♀️