Rtx 2080 ti bad performance.

Linusisnotlinux
Go to solution Solved by Linusisnotlinux,
1 hour ago, RAS_3885 said:

That's a possibility. Have a look at the PSU tier list if you haven't yet seen it. 

Yours falls under the Tier D, which is really only good for iGPU systems, but it's in a further sub-category of little to no info.

If you have the financial means to get a new PSU that would be a good troubleshooting step. It may also save you from a questionable PSU killing other components in your system.

damn, i thought that's a pretty solid psu! Turns out its just a pile of crap. Will change it soon 🙂 Hope it helps. Thank you for help!

Recently I bought rtx 2080ti ventus from msi. from the start, when I started using it, I experience numerous stutters, even though there are no drops in frames per second. All drivers are up to date including BIOS. could it be due to the driver? or rather defective equipment. for the money I expect better performance :(

Maybe someone's having the same problem? 

I'd start with running some GPU benchmarks to see if it's performing as it should be.

From there stutters can be from any number of things. DDU drivers and reinstall latest to rule that out. How are GPU temps? What CPU and what's the CPU usage and temps look like? What resolution and frame rates are you playing at? What games are giving you issues (or are all of them acting up)?

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

Forgot to mention my setup. 

Gigabyte b450 aorus Elite rev 1.0

Crucial ballistix 2x8gb ddr4 3200mhz

Ryzen 5 3600

Modecom volcano 650w bronze

Just now, RAS_3885 said:

I'd start with running some GPU benchmarks to see if it's performing as it should be.

From there stutters can be from any number of things. DDU drivers and reinstall latest to rule that out. How are GPU temps? What CPU and what's the CPU usage and temps look like? What resolution and frame rates are you playing at? What games are giving you issues (or are all of them acting up)?

Temps of the gpu are great, never got more than 70 degrees. I've already reinstalled drivers, but that didn't help. My cpu is ryzen 5 3600 overclocked to 4.3ghz, during heavy gaming temps don't go over 75 degrees on aio cooler. While playing battlefront 2 usage is usually about 60% but on that game i don't experience stutters that much. I'm playing at 1080p with 165hz monitor,locked at 150fps due the g-sync compatible thing. I see most stutters in black ops cold war for now, in other games those are less visible. Also sorry for my language, I'm from Poland trying my best to describe my problem 🙂

Just now, Linusisnotlinux said:

Temps of the gpu are great, never got more than 70 degrees. I've already reinstalled drivers, but that didn't help. My cpu is ryzen 5 3600 overclocked to 4.3ghz, during heavy gaming temps don't go over 75 degrees on aio cooler. While playing battlefront 2 usage is usually about 60% but on that game i don't experience stutters that much. I'm playing at 1080p with 165hz monitor,locked at 150fps due the g-sync compatible thing. I see most stutters in black ops cold war for now, in other games those are less visible. Also sorry for my language, I'm from Poland trying my best to describe my problem 🙂

Here's my overall pc score. I think it's pretty good 🙂

received_468643627484190.jpeg

Track your frametime as a graph with MSI Afterburner and Riva Tuner Statistics (use the latest beta).  Change your frametime setting to match this:

Frametime.png.686c8e990bf84ffc7d4bb4c92adaa783.png

Enable the overlay (you can set the key to toggle it in settings as well) and see if your frametimes are staying steady.

Also, have you enabled V-Sync in Nvidia Control Panel but disabled it in-game?  Because if so, do that.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

11 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Track your frametime as a graph with MSI Afterburner and Riva Tuner Statistics (use the latest beta).  Change your frametime setting to match this:

Frametime.png.686c8e990bf84ffc7d4bb4c92adaa783.png

Enable the overlay (you can set the key to toggle it in settings as well) and see if your frametimes are staying steady.

Also, have you enabled V-Sync in Nvidia Control Panel but disabled it in-game?  Because if so, do that.

Currently i have disabled v sync in nvidia control panel but enabled in game. I've seen somewhere that its better for the v sync compatible monitor. 

Just now, Linusisnotlinux said:

Currently i have disabled v sync in nvidia control panel but enabled in game. I've seen somewhere that its better for the v sync compatible monitor. 

Other way around.  That's almost certainly your problem.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

7 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Other way around.  That's almost certainly your problem.

I'm gonna try this later and see the results 🙂

On 2/23/2021 at 1:09 AM, RAS_3885 said:

Hey, me again. Nothing changed, still same problem. Could it be quality of my psu? Right now i have modecom volcano 650w bronze. Maybe its not enough? I also read that g- sync compatible monitors can couse the problem, but i just cant play without it turned on, it hurts my eyes now 😛

4 minutes ago, Linusisnotlinux said:

Hey, me again. Nothing changed, still same problem. Could it be quality of my psu? Right now i have modecom volcano 650w bronze. Maybe its not enough? I also read that g- sync compatible monitors can couse the problem, but i just cant play without it turned on, it hurts my eyes now 😛

That's a possibility. Have a look at the PSU tier list if you haven't yet seen it. 

Yours falls under the Tier D, which is really only good for iGPU systems, but it's in a further sub-category of little to no info.

If you have the financial means to get a new PSU that would be a good troubleshooting step. It may also save you from a questionable PSU killing other components in your system.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

1 hour ago, RAS_3885 said:

damn, i thought that's a pretty solid psu! Turns out its just a pile of crap. Will change it soon 🙂 Hope it helps. Thank you for help!

You have a good GPU, but paired it with a crap PSU? As someone had suggested, run DDU:

1. Download latest nVidia driver

2. Disable WiFi, or unplug LAN cable from computer, or you can go to DDU setting and set it to not let Windows download and update driver on its own.

3. Get DDU to restart computer in Safe Mode, when in Safe Mode, DDU will uninstall all traces of previous driver.

4. When promoted to restart, do it and when you're in desktop, install that downloaded driver

IF the issue still persist, I'd take a hard look at the PSU.....

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2