Can I fit 2 GTX 1070 into my rig for crypto mining

atrioc
Go to solution Solved by ISmokeAir,
1 hour ago, atrioc said:

So I have recently seen the bitcoin prices and I was hoping to get my hands on some of that money. I have looked around my house and found 2 GTX 1070s, a pc that's a Frankenstein of old prebuilds. The parts I have are:

CPU: Pentium E5200

GPU: 2 x Gtx 1070

Memory: 2 x 2gb RAM

MoBo: HP MS-7525

PSU: 300W generic Prebuild one

I understand I have to get a new PSU and I have a case. I think I need a PCI 1x to 16 x adapter. What Im asking is if that is a good Idea or If I should find an alternative option for the 2 card I already have. 

Thanks 

I don't know how profitable are the 1070s. Considering you have to spend $50 on a pus or maybe more and let's say $5 for an adapter, idk. You might be able to get more for the gpus on eBay if you sell them. I am pretty sure you can get $500 for both. Maybe get an Xbox? 

Edit: you can get way more for them. On eBay I can see just one for 400

So I have recently seen the bitcoin prices and I was hoping to get my hands on some of that money. I have looked around my house and found 2 GTX 1070s, a pc that's a Frankenstein of old prebuilds. The parts I have are:

I understand I have to get a new PSU and I have a case. I think I need a PCI 1x to 16 x adapter. What Im asking is if that is a good Idea or If I should find an alternative option for the 2 card I already have. 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, atrioc said:

Thanks 

I don't know how profitable are the 1070s. Considering you have to spend $50 on a pus or maybe more and let's say $5 for an adapter, idk. You might be able to get more for the gpus on eBay if you sell them. I am pretty sure you can get $500 for both. Maybe get an Xbox? 

Edited by ISmokeAir

18 minutes ago, ISmokeAir said:

I just checked and the prices are insane for Gpus like mine. Thanks

Selling is more profitable if done right now and they are decent cards. Even after shipping, paypal and ebay fees. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz