I upgraded my pc and I am getting the "abnormal power supply" on my RTX 2070 super OC 3X

Hello to everyone. Recently I upgraded my pc, I changed the motherboard, the cpu and the ram; but when I made the changes and replaces the parts my GPU started to send the "abnormal power supply" message and does not get recognized by the BIOS. Do any of you have an idea what could happen?

My old parts where:

Motherboard: Asus TUF B360m

CPU: Intel core I5 8400

Ram: 16GB (2X8GB) 2400 Ballistix Sport

Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L

PSU: Thermaltake Smart 600W

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 SUPER Gaming OC 3x 8GB

New parts:

Motherboard: MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge WIFI

CPU: Intel core I7 10700K

Ram: 16GB (2X8GB) 3600 Corsair Vengance Pro RBG

Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L

PSU: Cooler Master MWE 750 BRONZE - V2

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 SUPER Gaming OC 3x 8GB

How many power rails are going to the video card? Not plugs. The wire line from the psu to the video card.

If there is only one with 2 end plugs using both of them. Use a second line and replace one of the dual plugs.

I think the limit of a single line is around 120w. The motherboard pci-e is 75w. So you would need 2 lines.

22 minutes ago, Aree Soothsayer said:

How many power rails are going to the video card? Not plugs. The wire line from the psu to the video card.

If there is only one with 2 end plugs using both of them. Use a second line and replace one of the dual plugs.

I think the limit of a single line is around 120w. The motherboard pci-e is 75w. So you would need 2 lines.

I was using just 1 power rail, I just did what you said, but it was not effective, the card still send the "abnormal power supply" error and not being detected by the BIOS. (The LED are blinking just in case) 

IMG_20210221_172000.jpg

18 minutes ago, Aree Soothsayer said:

Have you atttempted reseating the video card?

Yes, I actually have changed it from PCI-E port but nothing happens, same error and still not detecting in the BIOS.

Okay. After reading the opening post again the only thing I can think of is to update the motherboard Bios.

18 minutes ago, Aree Soothsayer said:

Okay. After reading the opening post again the only thing I can think of is to update the motherboard Bios.

Yep, I just did it, did not work, still sending the same error, and as well not detected by the BIOS.

Another update is that I made a test bench with my old motherboard, the GPU is still sending the error and is not being detected in the old motherboard.

To me that sounds like something happened in the transfer to bork your video card. I could be wrong. This has gone beyond my personal level of know-how.
Good luck. I hope someone can help you out. Sorry.

3 minutes ago, Aree Soothsayer said:

To me that sounds like something happened in the transfer to bork your video card. I could be wrong. This has gone beyond my personal level of know-how.
Good luck. I hope someone can help you out. Sorry.

Don't worry, anyway thank you for your help with my problem! Hope you have a wonderful day.

• 11 months later...