PS4 and soundbar

Mymusz
Go to solution Solved by A.Hruskach,

None of those will damage your equipment, but some may be incompatible. Linear PCM is the default and will work best for gaming. The other options may have slightly greater fidelity (quality), but only some devices support it.

Feel free to switch between them to see if you can hear a difference. If it doesn't work, just simply change it back.

Hey,

I have my Creative Sound BlasterX Katana + subwoofer connected to my Ps4, but I am not quite sure which audio settings should I use to not damage my soundbar (there is a popup comming while changing option on ps4).

Settings to choose:

-Linear PCM

-Bitstream (Dolby)

-Bitstream (DTS)

That sound bar has 5.1 Dolby sound and 7.1 on gaming mode, with sound card built in. Its connected via Optical cable.

What is the best option here for best sound and no damage?

Thanks.

None of those will damage your equipment, but some may be incompatible. Linear PCM is the default and will work best for gaming. The other options may have slightly greater fidelity (quality), but only some devices support it.

Feel free to switch between them to see if you can hear a difference. If it doesn't work, just simply change it back.

Tried Dolby 5.1ch on ps4, sounds nice, but ps4 is actually slower and some stuttering is there, dont know why. Better to leave that on default 🙂

Thanks for answer.