Strix R9 390x Fan mod - Static vs Airflow fan

Hello everyone,

So it's been around 5 years that I am using this power hungry card and living in city like Mumbai (India) with humid temps ranging from 33C - 22C. After all these years the middle fan of the three is deciding to give up and has started to make rattling noise. I followed some video tutorials which included taking the fans apart and greasing/oiling the bearing. It did work and the fan stopped making noise but resumes again after a couple of days and then I have to take the fan apart and oil it again. So I was thinking of strapping 2x120mm fans to the heat sink with zip ties and I know it runs pretty well after that. (Even with good improvements)

But I am confused with the whole Static vs Airflow thingy and don't understand if I am choosing the right fans.

I have 2x120mm front intake, 1x120mm exhaust top with a stocky ryzen 3600 cooler (which will be replaced in some time with a Deepcool Gammax v2)

Cabinet is Thermaltake Versa N27 and I have removed the HDD cages for better lower airflow.

There is around 8-10cm of gap between the gpu and psu.

The fan I chose: CM Sickeflow 120mm RGB which come in at 9USD approx (total of 18USD) which give 62 CFM ± 10% and run on 650-1800 RPM ± 10%

I know people opt for Noctua but the only ones available here are the Noctua NF F12 industrialPPC-2000 PWM       which i know are good but cost 21USD and thus 2 of these would cost 42 USD which is way more I can think of.

Can anyone please tell me if I am making the right choice here?

Due to global shortages. The options are really limited and the other ones I could go for are the Arctic P12 for 11USD but no warranty mentioned on amazon.

There are no other options that I can probably go for which offer a good amount of airflow with higher than 1500 rpms.

Thanks in advance.

You should use static pressure optimized fans for your use case. I can only recommend the Arctic P12 PWM fans, as they're performing as good as NF-F12's from Noctua and are only a little bit louder. Or maybe see if the standard versions of the NF-F12 or the chromax are cheaper than the industrial PPC variants. You could also go for the Noctua Redux NF-P12 PWM. They are also great and much less expensive than the F12.

I will keep my hands away from Cooler Master fans in the future as i've now had several fans from them that had these rattling noises out of the box.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

41 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

You should use static pressure optimized fans for your use case. I can only recommend the Arctic P12 PWM fans, as they're performing as good as NF-F12's from Noctua and are only a little bit louder. Or maybe see if the standard versions of the NF-F12 or the chromax are cheaper than the industrial PPC variants. You could also go for the Noctua Redux NF-P12 PWM. They are also great and much less expensive than the F12.

I will keep my hands away from Cooler Master fans in the future as i've now had several fans from them that had these rattling noises out of the box.

Fan noise isn't much of an issue for me.
But the industrial PPC are only the ones which are available. (Only one dealer in my country)
I've messaged the seller on amazon for arctic p12 warranty info and also asked the noctua dealer if he can stock up the NF-F12 and the P-12.

Fingers crossed.