Time to upgrade!

Klutch181

Budget (including currency): 1000 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: WoW, CoD franchise, 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I currently have a a older I7 1150 socket I think can't remember off hand since I'm not at home. But I've been wanting to upgrade for a little bit now I to so I don't get left to far behind. I have a geforce 2070 that is running fine and wasn't going to upgrade that till prolly thr next gens come out. If yall need more info on what I'm currently running I can get it for you but it won't be till this evening when I get home from work. Thanks is advance 

8 minutes ago, Klutch181 said:

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I currently have a a older I7 1150 socket I think can't remember off hand since I'm not at home. But I've been wanting to upgrade for a little bit now I to so I don't get left to far behind. I have a geforce 2070 that is running fine and wasn't going to upgrade that till prolly thr next gens come out. If yall need more info on what I'm currently running I can get it for you but it won't be till this evening when I get home from work. Thanks is advance 

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 ~ 250 $

B550 board ~ 150 $

16 GB 3200 DDR4 ~100 $

750W PSU ~ 150 $

Total ~ 650 USD plus shipping

That leaves some room for more ram and a more powerful cpu if you want to.

as far as cold war goes, as long as you have a gpu that is at least as good as an rx 580 you should be "ok" but you might run into some problems in zombies in that range, die maschine is around 30% more demanding than multiplayer, while fire base z is more close to 5-10% compared to multiplayer

coldwar is kinda all over the place when it comes to how well the game runs

15 minutes ago, Klutch181 said:

5600xs are expected to come into stock at MSRP really soon, wait a couple weeks for that and then snag one

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Alright now that im home i can give yall a little bit more on what im running I7 4770k, Asus z87- pro mobo, 16 gb of corsair vengeance ddr3 ram, CORSAIR - Hydro Series 120mm Radiator CPU Liquid Cooling System, corsair Air 540 Silver Edition High Airflow ATX Cube Case and a evga nex 750 b power supply. 

51 minutes ago, Klutch181 said:

Alright now that im home i can give yall a little bit more on what im running I7 4770k, Asus z87- pro mobo, 16 gb of corsair vengeance ddr3 ram, CORSAIR - Hydro Series 120mm Radiator CPU Liquid Cooling System, corsair Air 540 Silver Edition High Airflow ATX Cube Case and a evga nex 750 b power supply. 

The intel i5 10400f is currently 149.99 and that’s a steal , it and the 3600 are about even in gaming performance and the 3600 is 50 bucks more , if it were my build I’d take that route and pocket the extra 50 or spend it on a new ssd? It’s totally your call

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zkBgNP

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($329.99 @ B&H) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 54 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($69.99 @ Best Buy) 
Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($139.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $989.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-02-20 14:22 EST-0500

What say yall total is 989 just under my budget. Figured i could splurge a little on the CPU since at some point i would like to get into streaming. I saw most of yalls builds were amd was also seeing your insight on that. thanks yall