Pocket PC Replacement Battery

windowsxp37

Just wondering if anyone could help me with finding a replacement battery for an old Pocket PC - bit of a long shot, I know!

I have an old 2002 Packard Bell Pocket PC, which has a dead battery in it. It is a rechargeable Li-ION Battery, rated 3.7V and 1000mAh. It is an original OEM battery made by the group in 2002. Part number is 6866610000, and regulatory type is MIT-BAR01.

Specs for this current battery are here: https://www.master-instruments.com.au/products/59200/PDAB-MIT-BAR01.html

I would like to find a replacement battery for this old Pocket PC, but am having some problems as it connects in an odd way. See photo 1 for the battery loose, with the 4 metal connectors at the bottom. See photo 2 for the battery 'pack' inside the Pocket PC, and picture 3 of the machine itself.

I have so far come across replacement batteries which have a wire attached to them (no good unless it can be removed), and this one on the link below:

https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/pda_battery_pda0094a/version.asp - this has the same connector, and is rated at 1100mAh (close enough!)

The only thing stopping me buying the one with the link above is that I want to make sure that it won't damage the Pocket PC, as it says inside that you should match the regulatory type, but the one above is an LG replacement.

Any help or suggestions/links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

picture1_battery.jpg

picture2_inside.jpg

picture3_device.jpg

Just wanted to post an update to this thread, to let you know what I have done so far.

I purchased the battery on the second link (https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/pda_battery_pda0094a/version.asp) which arrived today. I have tried it in the Pocket PC, and unfortunately it doesn't fit.

The dimensions of the battery are about 1 or 2cm at most too big, and the plastic grips which go into the base of the battery area are in the wrong positions, and do not align with the holes on the Pocket PC. I will be returning this battery, and crossing it of the list of possibilities. 

I still am unable to find a suitable battery for this Pocket PC I have, and it really would be great to have one, so it would be much appreciated if any of you could help me out in finding one.

Many thanks.

Can't help myself, I'm afraid, but bumping this up to make sure others see it. This is going to be a tricky challenge, to put it mildly — any compatible batteries are going to be scarce.

19 hours ago, Commodus said:

Can't help myself, I'm afraid, but bumping this up to make sure others see it. This is going to be a tricky challenge, to put it mildly — any compatible batteries are going to be scarce.

Thanks for your message - no worries, this is going to be a bit of a challenge considering, as you say, lack of batteries that would fit!

Will keep looking, see if I can find anything...