Dimensions of an expansion slot?

Kitsan

I can't seem to find the standard width of an expansion slot in a case, i'm trying to calculate if a Gigabyte RTX 3080 Eagle OC (H=56 mm) will clash with a PCI-E riser cable plugged 2 sockets below it?

OIP.RpK2Vccx-xc2_loq-cfaMAHaH_.jpg.2213845b6c8ef0738aabdbb6c667af3f.jpg

Monitor: Alienware AW2518HF CPU: 9900K @ 5.1GHz Heatsink: 2x360MM Custom Loop GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO RAM: Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 2x8GB 4400Mhz Mobo: Asus Maximus XI Gene Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 PSU: Corsair RM1000x Storage: Seagate Firecuda 510 2TB M.2, Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 256GB M.2

What motherboard is it?? Looks like a Asus X299 ROG variant that's E-ATX, but need more to go on with the exact model. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

3 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

What motherboard is it?? Looks like a Asus X299 ROG variant that's E-ATX, but need more to go on with the exact model. 

I did post a more detailed request here:

it's a ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA motherboard but I thought i'd ask the question in a different way here :S

Monitor: Alienware AW2518HF CPU: 9900K @ 5.1GHz Heatsink: 2x360MM Custom Loop GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO RAM: Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 2x8GB 4400Mhz Mobo: Asus Maximus XI Gene Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 PSU: Corsair RM1000x Storage: Seagate Firecuda 510 2TB M.2, Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 256GB M.2

17 minutes ago, Kitsan said:

I did post a more detailed request here:

it's a ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA motherboard but I thought i'd ask the question in a different way here :S

Hmm strange, I can't find a lot of info about the slot spacing, only the spacing between the top and middle PCIe slots. I found this on the ASUS ROG forums when someone was asking a question about it, but appears to be just between the top and middle slot. Have you tried contacting ASUS to see if they can give you that information? 

The Omega spacing is three-slot.

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

Hmm strange, I can't find a lot of info about the slot spacing, only the spacing between the top and middle PCIe slots. I found this on the ASUS ROG forums when someone was asking a question about it, but appears to be just between the top and middle slot. Have you tried contacting ASUS to see if they can give you that information? 

I was going to ask on their forum but activation of an account takes 24 hours apparently 😕

4 minutes ago, Kitsan said:

I was going to ask on their forum but activation of an account takes 24 hours apparently 😕

Wow that sucks, best of luck and sorry I couldn't help. 

1 minute ago, SpiderMan said:

Wow that sucks, best of luck and sorry I couldn't help. 

No worries, I was kind of surprised that there isn't more information on the standard for slots to be honest

1 minute ago, Kitsan said:

No worries, I was kind of surprised that there isn't more information on the standard for slots to be honest

Especially on a $500+ motherboard.